Cash Prize Contest for 500m ship.

Reaction score
    Balanced 500m ship..

.. is what i am looking for, actually i will give a small token of appreciation to whomever can produce the finest of such. after seeing all the ships being produced lately i think of them either too pretty to be efficient enough, or vice versa. and so i'd like to promote the construction of ships with a good balance between design and efficiency, by making a contest with a little cash prize (50 EUR / 70 USD / 80 AUD).

Goal

- build the best balanced 500m ship possibly.

- the ships will be judged by me (Pomosa) neutrally. (except for members of Grandeur, as they insulted my hat)

- there will be a cash prize to the winner of 50 EUR or the local equivelant.

Rules
    - the Longest axis if the ship must be exactly 500m (meaning it can be a long, tall or wide ship, your choice, it can be 500x500x500 aswell, not that i care)

- it must have a good balance between efficency and design, not just design and details, but neither just a block of guns'n energy

- it must be done and submitted to [email protected] BEFORE the 26th of Feb. 12.00 CET

- you can team up in teams of 2 to construct said ship, you will share the money, but it will not affect judgement.

- by submitting you agree that you have no problem with videos of your ship being put on youtube etc.

i wish you all the best of luck, as i will be competing myself. (dont worry, judgement will still be neutral, except for bribe, i love bribe)|

/Pomosa

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    So do we need to post something like (I\'ll participate with this contest) or is sending the blueprint before the 26th of February? Would be nice to have a list of participants :)

PS: I participate if you are going to make a list

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The Rezenator CR-380 is now in construction, more than likely not win but it will fit the rules and it will be seen judged and loved!

Reaction score
    as i clearly didnt specify everything here is some more info:

- \"efficiency\" is judged on stats (energy, shields, guns, etc) and practicality (docks, interior, smart layout, turrets)
    - \"design\" is judged on outer looks, aswell as interiour looks, turret designs, fighter design, the general visual design basicly
    - the ship may have both turrets and docks, but when submitted they must all be filled, and the design of said turrets and docks will count toward both design and efficiency.
    - you cannot take an existing ship and modify it, start over, you may not make replicas of fx battlestar galactica or a halo ship, but you may take as much inspiration as you want.

- efficiency judging will be carried out scientificly, some ships might be torn apart to see layout, others will might just be compared by stats,
    - design judging will primarly be done by me, but selected others will be consulted in case of missing neutrality or indescivsiveness (

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i can put my gundam in to this but i will have to finshed it 1st

Reaction score
    as long as it fits the requierments, then yes, you can theoreticly enter a gundam, tho i think building a 500m high gundam would be kinda hard.

Reaction score
    Cr-380, Y U NOT BUILD CR-9000!?

(no discrimenation intended, it was merely too funny to leave out)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Excuse me, but Granduer had no quarrel with you. I insulted your hat not them, and it is cowardly to take out such anger on them. My actions are of my own and nobody else\'s. I suggest you remove the statement if excluding those in Granduer.

Reaction score
    first of all, i shall grant your wish, and only hate those who personally insulted my hat, meaning you, and your superior Apple, whom as far as i know is the face of Grandeur. also, i hope you decide to enter, and if so i shall judge you as fairly as i do the others.

/pomosa

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    2 things:

1.are Smedit ships allowed (i personally hope not,it feels like cheating)

2.why does it have to be 500m long?

Reaction score
    as the goal is to make a design with efficiency for eye, i do not think using smedit would increase ones chance to win by even a little, infact, when a player usses a premade hull, such as with smedit, the options are far smaller to create maximum efficiency in balance with a good design, using smedit, in my opinion is onyl good for purely look-based ships, which is not teh goal of this challange, and therefor i dont really care if you do. and to those who feel it is cheating, be sure to know that atleast in this case, it will not be prosperous.

/pomosa

Reaction score
    as it would cause problems with an \"even\" range for a symmetrical ship, the you can now make the ship 500-501 meters / cubes as it will enable people to make perfectly symmetrical ships

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    oh thank heavens for that leeway added to the dimensions. now i can add a 500x500x1 plane of detail.

Reaction score
    you can add both a 501x501x1 plane, and 1x501x500, and a 500x1x500 plane, since you can build up to 501 in all dimensions

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    Well I now would like the cash if I win for the server I\'m going to make :)

Reaction score
    I\'m entering now. And let it be known- I will devour you all. And I will win that money. I WILL.