Cash Prize Contest for 500m ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wonder how many people saw that Refirendum was building and decided to not bother competing.

Reaction score
    Its nice to see so many people take part of my little contest, and for Ref\'s ship, just remember, design isnt everything, the goal of this competition is to make something with an efficient design after all.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    EG 450m of ship with a 50m turret at the front. Im guessing they do, but I just want to make sure. This sounds like fun prize or not, count me in!

Reaction score
    After various thoughts and discussing this in pubchat, it has been decided that count towards maximum length, with that said, they cant overide it either, it limits some design choices, but it was the best solution.. remember, turrets will be accounted in both efficiency and design score.

image your ship being stuck in a box that has a space inside of 501x501x501, then imagine me stealing your keyboard and spamming \'c\', your ship must be able to fit i the box, basicly.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    although I have never made a ship that size and don\'t know if I get it finished.

Can we choose our own texture pack? I really like Walzou\'s

Are we allowed to use something like thrusters as floor or - embed in wedges - as a wall?

I often use Power tanks as light source in the ceiling or \"Ship personal only\"-areas.

Reaction score
    the design, layout, that is all your choice, as long as you fit the requirements, i dont care, BUT, when i judge the ships, i will have them spawned on a private server, and I dont have any texturepacks, so that wont grant you much use.

Vanilla! Baby!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have started a ship which basically was a 3D cross for power-lines and thrusters.

• 501 long, 201 width, 101 tall.

Then I saw, that it has

• 5:1 thrust ratio, 150k shields, >1 million e/s power and 14xx mass - it can still perma-jam.
    • It would be the only ship which can jam permanently, though I already build 23*160 hulls along it\'s x-Axis and 2000..2500 blocks docking+air-locks at both edges

And now I need to ask:

• Does it count to make a small ship and only a very long 1/3/1 line?
    • How many hull do we need (thickness)?
    • Is it allowed to have thrusters/weapons outside of the hull? Or even power modules?
    • Is there any dimension-ratio which we should respect?
    • Or a mass requirement / minimum thickness for at least 90% of the ship\'s length/width/height?
    • Which rooms do we need and for how big of a crew should we build this ship? Examples: Hangars for 8* 100 block fighters, Mess hall, etc, 4 seats for the bridge...

Reaction score
    anything over 300m long for me is lag central and i can never finish the ship :|

Reaction score
    So I guess I shall try my hands at this! Being a full time college student tho and never making anything this big tho I am partnering up with a suite mate of mine. Just spent the last 2 hours before bed with white boards drawing out designs, examples and stuff. Really excited to make our ship but gonna be slow!! Can we eventually get a head count of how many people are entering?? Just curious!!

EDIT: I am sorry for so many questions but i realize now that i was going to use the Pre-Build and the Cartoonish texture pack to make my ship... Should i not use the prebuild?? Should i only use whatever the client is using?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would have considered join but...

anything over 300m long for me is lag central and i can never finish the ship :|

Noticed too :)

I think I am out - that does not work for me. Also I miss specifications, what is required (crew size, required rooms, etc)

300^3, planet-shaped or 300x200x100 Would be better for me. Is there a way to easily make planet-ships and modify them ingame? Would be cool to have a mobile ice planet :)

Reaction score
    first of all,yes, vanilla (public client versio) is required

second of all, YOU GUYS HAVE A WHITEBOARD..... i always wanted one QQ...

i actully think you are the first public person to annouce a co/build so that is nice, and for how many people, i know alot of teh usual gang on the chat is entered, but beyond that i have no idea..... omg, what have i gotten myself into O.O

And finally. there will be a contest after this to build not a 500m ship, not a 300m ship, But a frigate! so all those people who couldnt make it to this can make the next, the cash prize will perhaps be abit smaller, but for somethig like a 50-100m ship i would not throw 50euro after people simple because i would have to spend a month judging them all, holy fuck.well, good luck to you all!

Reaction score
    Yeah well i probably would have waited for the smaller contest but WE ALREADY MADE THE SHIP CORE DAMMIT. (14,000 blocks to late)

Yeah i don\'t know bout the rest of the people here but i do not have the time to make something so huge alone... We are literly taking shift making the Ship and the fighters and such inside it. It\'s a ton of work i am realizing.

Thanks for holding such a fun event! We never have had so much enthusiam to work on something this big!

LUCKS to all!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is some thread about rooms for ships.

It helps if you know what you have to put into your ship - for it\'s size - (school, borg regeneration chambers, etc) before you start building. Something like an official list of possibilities, or just a checklist ripped elsewhere.

Reaction score
    Personnaly, i really dont care what you put inside your ship, there is no specific needs, you need a core room and some sort of brigde, y\'know basic. whatever else you want to put in is your own choice, not that it wont do you any good to do something about the interior, but again, its all balance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I finished the OF_500_Heavy_Battleship, I send you the blueprint and the link to the download.

When are you gonna do the actual contest?