Carrier

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I am looking for a carrier that has a flight deck with a lift or elevator that can stow ships in a hanger, based on rails. Fly up rail dock. Run over get in a "Control Booth"Hit a switch have the elevator go down and the ship would continue on its route to take an empty hanger bay position. I Have seen a single rail that had two parking spots on it and logic to turn lights on and off when spots were filled and the rotators would change when the ships pass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This is best put in the LOGIC section, not mods, I think. Requesting move, Crusade
    Thanks.
    To answer the question: I know it can be done, but I don't know how to do it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don't believe it's possible for rails to move objects from elevators to the main ship as of yet....

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It's not 'possible', but it is doable. Rail dockers can move along any rail that has a face facing them, don't know how to explain, just know how it is suppose to work.

But you can bootleg a rail system that can ferry fighters into a storage deck from a catapult/runway. Would be messy, and take up more room than really should be needed, but doable.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    It's doable if you can rig it so the docking platforms can shelve themselves out of the way like rounds in an ammo clip. The only issue is it takes up a lot of space as people have said. Also keep in mind that blocks don't have to be directly connected right now to be apart of the same entity and this might help with the issue of getting them where they need to go. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Ok so what I have done is built my hanger on a factory which in retrospect I wish I didn't but its what I have for now. Don't pay attention to the bottom half just the hanger. The current idea was to achieve a functioning docking hanger. Then I am working on building an elevator which goes up to the first floor in which the glass room will be a Air control tower in which I can reverse the long strip of rail and active each hanger park location. I would enjoy being able to sen them to a elevator to then go to a different launch area and to land in a different launch area as well. Space is no concern. The green box is a different area for a dock I am working on for a ship (system patrol ship)

Thanks to RoAnnon and Fishbone, in making this happen.

What it features so far
    Turning rails lights to show when the space is full
    a red green light to indicate structure empty or full
    logic

At the moment it is best to admin spawn this in SP. There are no Legacy blocks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1442426424,1442426231][/DOUBLEPOST]However using the idea of this factory is it possible I can push ships to the elevator then to travel up to a different level.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    facc00, in game, select what you want to be a .sment, and then click export. This will generate a new folder with .sment files of the exported entities.

OP, CyberTao is great at logic, so if he says it can be done, it can. It would have to be a bit funky, but its doable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thanks I was able to add the .sment
    Part of the factory shown below the hanger has parts that get pushed then placed together. Could that be used to connect to an elevator?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm I wonder if you can change the direction of the rail docker and rail turret axis the same way you can the other rail types? If so than this might help in making more complicated rail hangers among other things. Since the rail docker only moves along the rail it is facing it might be interesting if the docker's direction was changed to match that of the rails it'd normally not go along. :)

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    hmm I wonder if you can change the direction of the rail docker and rail turret axis the same way you can the other rail types? If so than this might help in making more complicated rail hangers among other things. Since the rail docker only moves along the rail it is facing it might be interesting if the docker's direction was changed to match that of the rails it'd normally not go along. :)
    You can with the rail docker, not sure about the turret. That being said, the rail docker doesn't need to be facing the rails direction to move along it, and the rail doesn't need to be facing the docker to dock it.