capital ships systems possible implementation

Reaction score
    first this piggy backs off my first idea here

we would need one new block called the upgrade block

upgrade block

• would be placed next to the shipyard block immediately adding a new submenu labeled as UPGRADE
    • you would slave rails to it to signify were ships could dock and be upgraded. you would also slave a storage module in which to put the items needed for the upgrades.
    • we could slave factory enhancers to this block to increase the speed in which an upgrade is done.
    upgrades as a whole
    • All systems can be upgraded EX. power, power capacitance, thrusters, weapons, salvages, shields ect...
    • for balancing one must make the upgrade wort a significant amount of resources as to be worth it. example: a ship with 5 thrusters would need 250 more thrusters to increase only 10%-20% this may sound insane but realize this should be the only way to upgrade the systems and it needs to have consequences if you lose it. if i take your massive upgraded and powerful ship in battle one needs to feel the hit of the loss correct?
    • this should also cost money and a good deal of time to complete at the shipyard since in theory we are tearing apart your ship.
    • different systems as a whole should have varying costs in both blocks and money.
    • there should be no limit to the upgrades but should scale increasingly in cost for both blocks and money.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I see this as exploitable but interesting. Are you saying that the starting amounts of systems on ships applies to the first upgrade and scales up exponentially? For example, a titan with 4 million shield blocks needs 16-20 million more to boost its shields.