Cantaloupe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Really nice ship, could you get a better shot of the defensive module?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    She's a beauty. It bears some resemblance to a Nebulon-B frigate (Star Wars) with heavy traces of Caldari (Eve Online) styling. I especially like the scaffolding work over the central thruster stem. The extra paneling over the main armor is a nice touch. I think it would look even better if you use the same effect on the front of the ship as well as on the side engine pods.

Overall, you did a good job portraying the toughness of a heavy construction vehicle without going overboard. (y)

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ... The extra paneling over the main armor is a nice touch. I think it would look even better if you use the same effect on the front of the ship as well as on the side engine pods.
    Yup, the pods were new and unpolished. They have a bit more detail now.

Really nice ship, could you get a better shot of the defensive module?
    20170527123529_1.jpg 20170527123036_1.jpg 20170527123021_1.jpg

Reactions: Scypio and Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow, I really like the modular design of this! It really meshes with the aesthetics of the ship, and I'm curious what all purposes could be developed for this vessel with what options future module variations could provide.

Captainredfox

Custom titles... neat
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wow, I really like the modular design of this! It really meshes with the aesthetics of the ship, and I'm curious what all purposes could be developed for this vessel with what options future module variations could provide.
    If you have any ideas let me know, I have nothing to work on with this ship barring the interior until the update.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Here is the shell of the ship, I don't think that I'm going to get around to finishing it so do with it what you wish.

https://starmadedock.net/content/micv-230.7513/
    Damn. I love your style.

This semi-realistic, industrial style is what I go for with a lot of my civilian rigs but I can't get it anywhere close to this. The shape is exactly what I was using use for my civ cores ('cores' being functional but naked ships, oriented around excellent power systems, optimized to shields, thrust and chambers with dedicated spaces open for modular weapon / tool addition & modification) for a long time, I suck at hull decoration though, so at best when I skin them up they look like a super low-res versions of what you have here.

If they ever have another stock ship contest, a system-updated version of this must go into the running. Could be a beautiful NPC vessel or even stock player ship.

Reactions: Captainredfox