cant play

Reaction score
    I know other people are having this issue and i have yet to find a solution. PLEASE HELP!

//i.imgur.com/xfd5SAG.jpg[/IMG]

it wont go any further then this even with a fresh install.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Okay, assuming you restarted your computer to clean up any maybe stalled process.

Its achieved by selecting game mode \'sandbox\' not by running a dedicated server and a seperate client using multiplayer mode and adress \'localhost:4242\' right?
    (Second one will work too, but in this case anything with the selected port may be wrong)

In case you did this to play single player as usual, try checking your firewall settings.
    It should be able to connect local.

And last but not least:
    Does it work when connecting to a external server?

- Andy

Reaction score
    I have tried everything you suggested and none of it made a difference :( this is beyond frustrating! no one seems to know what to do about this problem.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    - your firewall setting,
    - any settings in router
    - maybe even isp blocking some ports

- Andy

Reaction score
    if he can\'t connect to single AND multiplayer, it probably has nothing to do with stuff like firewalls, routers and ports.

Did you also see my bug report?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Sent it with \"send report\" ingame? Those go directly to schema, cant see them,

But as far as I experienced, local and external connections not working is thing of maybe java-permissions on networks, routers, firewalls and other stuff.

At least dialout or localconnection should be allowed by default.

Maybe this needs a cleaned /logs directory, startup try the local version, then zip and send me the complete logs dir.

But assuming it ist staying at \"connecting\" forever, it is even not allowed to establish a pure tcp connection.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Can\'t starmade only be played in a folder with the files in it? It never works on desktop unless the whole folder is put there.

Reaction score
    i have deleted and redownloaded with firewalls off, on, started with admin mode, without admin mode, restarted computer and check all router and ports with no luck. If i revert to the previous build everything works fine, single and multiplayer, but when i repatch it it stops working.. and i get stuck at the same issue as the picture abouve. I tried waiting it out but after 2 hours of nothing happening i ended it. I have sent the error reports to Schema but he wasnt able to fix it as well so im truelly lost at this point

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    oh yes, seen this, got to test this tomorrow.
    Got to go to work now.

- Andy

Reaction score
    the easiest way to explain it is i can run BF4, crysis 3 and simular games on ultra with no fps lag. Im running windows 8 which is where i think the problem might be but i have no way of checking that seeing as all my computers are running windows 8. As for the settings ingame i have tried every differnt seeting it has to run it from cartoon to realistic, i have changed every memory setting back and forth, and i have adjusted the visuals on every tab i could to try different combos, nothing works.. the problem is not on my end but somewhere in the game itself. I also have unistalled and reupdated java to its current version.

Reaction score
    so i tried it on my girlfriends pc with the same specs as mine and it started right up.. i dont know what to do now, because clearly it is on my side

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Some java versions seem to mess up with some sytem/driver/os combinations.

Try downgrading to Java 6.
    There seems to be some issues with ipv6 and java 7 that may cause exactly this \'cannot connect to anywhere from java VM\' problem.
    Its just a good guess by him, so in case this works, please report back, thank you.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Thank you very much for your time in trying to figure out my unique issue. I have been going over every ounce of info i can find on the web to figure out why i am having this issue on my computer. I am downloading the new build right now with java 6 and i will let you guys know what happens. Again thank you for your time.

Reaction score
    sadly reverting back to java 6 had no effect. I figure there is something in my hard drive preventing it from loading for some reason, and short of reseting my pc to day 1 i dont know what to do. I did try backing my pc up a month and that had no effect. Thank you for your efforts, and if you come up with any other ideas please let me know

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    As it \'should\' stay some illegal argument or similar messages, but it may be the last idea I have for now by reading \'somehow cant access hard drive\'.

Where is your starmade folder located at?
    Use something like: C:\\Starmade
    to put the launcher itself in. (Maybe start with a new download)
    and let the game create itself in C:\\Starmade\\StarMade.

Windows will block java-file access in many cases when inside protected directories, like \'desktop\', temporary internet files (regulary missing files), or your documents sections as they are all located in C:\\Users\\\\ while C:\\Users is a protected path in windows.
    (Oh wait, there is a folder called \'StarMade\' on your desktop, I really hope this is only a backup copy or other storage. xD Since this may have been the reason from the beginning. Maybe got \'run as administrator\' on the last .exe ignoring the whole protection thing...)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps the data in the roaming-folder causes the crash, that was my problem, maybe its the same problem you have.

Start -> type %appdata% -> go into the roaming folder -> delete the .Starmade folder.

Thats it, the it should work again if that caused the problem.

Good luck!

the Creeper