Cant play local

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Recently i tried to connect to the Cake server to play on line for a bit, and i got disconnected through the server about mid way through trying to get on with a run time exception

*Now* that error has followed my game into singleplayer and i cant play that either.

Edit: and now i cant play period.
    Uninstalled the game to try and fix a bunch of problems. and now im running in to file permission errors through both steam and my computer, this despite the fact im on the only account on the computer(yes its got admin privileges).

I *cant* move my old blueprint folder into the games files now either.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    sounds more like a serious PC problem in general to me, than a starmade problem in particular.

other wise use the new launcher download from the page and not Steam (installes the same game anyways)
    place it in a non protected area (usually a folder in the root of a harddrive) and install to that location then

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    sounds more like a serious PC problem in general to me, than a starmade problem in particular.

other wise use the new launcher download from the page and not Steam (installes the same game anyways)
    place it in a non protected area (usually a folder in the root of a harddrive) and install to that location then
    Ended up deleting the game, restarting, and then reinstalling....

Works fine mostly, the F5 and F6 buttons still dont take screenshots, but hey, at least i can play.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    SmilingDemon I get this if there is an error. The only way I can play again is if I reboot or reinstall. It leaves a server running in the background occasionally.