Can't find advanced options in the launcher

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay, so my game is slower than black hole evaporation when I'm on a planet. I read the pinned post for lag reduction but I couldn't find the options menu on the launcher. Could someone give me a step-by-step for finding it? Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    when I'm on a planet
    Planets lag and there is little that can be done about it. I would avoid them but if you insist then you could reduce there size when you play a single player game. On a Multi player server the planet size is set by the server admin.

The options menu appears after you launched the game on the left side of the screen. When you start a new map in single player you can also set a lot of varriables like planet size from there. Be sure to use the New StarMade Launcher Blue download button and not the StarMade Starter Grey download button.

Alternatively you could edit the config files directly like yourstarmadefolder\server.cfg or yourstarmadefolder\settings.cfg

Any edits to these files must be made with StarMade not running!

Have a look here:

Fixing StarMade's Continued Play Value

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Planets lag and there is little that can be done about it. I would avoid them but if you insist then you could reduce there size when you play a single player game. On a Multi player server the planet size is set by the server admin.

The options menu appears after you launched the game on the left side of the screen. When you start a new map in single player you can also set a lot of varriables like planet size from there. Be sure to use the New StarMade Launcher Blue download button and not the StarMade Starter Grey download button.

Alternatively you could edit the config files directly like yourstarmadefolder\server.cfg or yourstarmadefolder\settings.cfg

Have a look here:

Thanks I will.

Reaction score
    I don't know about the launcher (new or old) since I don't use it, but all of these settings are accessible from within the game, OPTIONS menu, GRAPHICS tab; some of them may require you to restart the game before they show any effect after you changed them, even if it doesn't say so.

Experiment with
    Code:
    G_MAX_SEGMENTSDRAWN = 1200 //Amount of Chunks possibly drawn (view distance)
    in settings.cfg. Depending on what your setting is at, continue to set it to maybe half its current value, start the game to see how it behaves now with a planet in view, and slowly adjust it to where it becomes acceptable for you.

Some other config options that may significantly affect performance are
    Code:
    G_SHADOWS_TARGET = false //Enable Shadows
    F_FRAME_BUFFER = true //Use Framebuffer
    F_BLOOM = false //Bloom Effect
    G_VSYNCH = true //Vert-Synch
    G_MULTI_SAMPLE_TARGET = 0 //Antialiasing (Samples)

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Have a look here:

Okay that didn't work. The options menu does not have what it is supposed to have in it. What did I do wrong?

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That post is very old things have changed a lot since then. Some of it still works but it is possible you can no longer apply all of the suggestions there.

Try using some of the options I and Valck pointed out.
    How would I find those in the game because I'm doing multiplayer. like could you include a screenshot?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How would I find those in the game because I'm doing multiplayer. like could you include a screenshot?
    Unfortunally i am currently not behind a StarMade capable computer so i can not show you a screenshot.

You can set the graphic options from within the game menu after you started it with the Launcher. In there you find Valcks Chunck Draw distance setting as well as many other settings that effect performance like shadows.

For Multi player you can not change the map environmentables. This is done server side. This includes planet size. All this is set when you make a new map and the server admin has done this for you.

All servers are different but unfortunately few have set small planets. On most servers people are activly told to not settle or go near planets.

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Unfortunally i am currently not behind a StarMade capable computer so i can not show you a screenshot.

You can set the graphic options from within the game menu after you started it with the Launcher. In there you find Valcks Chunck Draw distance setting as well as many other settings that effect performance like shadows.

For Multi player you can not change the map environmentables. This is done server side. This includes planet size. All this is set when you make a new map and the server admin has done this for you.

All servers are different but unfortunately few have set small planets. On most servers people are activly told to not settle or go near planets.
    thanks I know what you are talking about this lags like crazy.

Reactions: Batavium