Can't destroy a ship

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey, I was just wondering if someone could please give me some kind of vague idea of how I'm supposed to destroy a single Isanth in less than 10 minutes.

From what I hear, nobody else seems to think this is a problem. So I don't understand why I don't. I've been experimenting with turrets, and I've finally built turrets almost as big as the Isanths themselves. I've parked myself in the middle of a pirate fleet, and aside from the fact that the my own turrets seem to derp out and not shoot anything, my weapons do next to nothing to these ships.

I've got 542 cannon modules per turret, and 30% overdrive. But when I enter a turret (and I know, my aiming isn't ideal), every shot seems to only ever take them down at most .3% of their hitpoints. My ship has powerful shields, and I'm just sitting in the middle of a fleet of about 12 ships, but I can't kill any of them.

If someone can help me, I'd be really appreciative. What do I need to do, to be able to make considerably shorter work of these tiny damn ships?

Thanks.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447149593,1447149385][/DOUBLEPOST]This is so asinine. They're using heat seeking missiles, and shooting themselves just as much as me. And it's STILL been thirty minutes. :/

This is ridiculous.

Reaction score
    I've had good luck taking them out with lock-on style missiles using the following config:

Primary: Missile Computer with 50+ tubes linked
    Secondary: Beam Computer with no beam modules (only using it for lock on support)
    Tertiary: Explosive effect computer with as many modules as you like

I generally find that the explosive effect is lacking, but it does seem to help spread the damage to as many blocks as possible which is key to taking out ships now using the new HP system. You want to do as much damage to as many blocks as possible. If you are using focussed damage taking out one block at a time, it's going to take forever. I find that missiles, explosive, or a lot of turrets (10+) are the fastest way.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I want to follow up. Sorry for getting frustrated guys.

My turrets were great. I just needed to figure out how to properly utilize Rail Mass Enhancers. Once I did, they made really short work of those ships.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Are you manually aiming the fucking turrets?