Can't auto transfer

Reaction score
    I have read every post , tried everything, set everything and still it will NOT transfer. Is there any little stupid thing or is it possible it won't work on my computer single player

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    I have read every post , tried everything, set everything and still it will NOT transfer. Is there any little stupid thing or is it possible it won't work on my computer single player
    Could you be more specific with what you need help?

• Transferring assets between servers?
    • Transferring mined material to storage straight after salvaging?
    • Transferring from personal to cargo inventory?
    • Transferring items from a docked ship on a station to that station's inventory by turning off auto pull on the main entity and connecting storage pull to the rail docks?
    • Transferring items from a docked ship on a station to that station's inventory with the new rail load/unload blocks?
    • Transferring your steam account into starmade by linking the two?
    • Transferring funds as a donation to a server?
    • Other transferring?

Reaction score
    Sorry for being so vague, transferring between a ship and space station the cargo. With basic rail to storage and lots of cargo, docking to storage, everything done to u-tube and other posts but it still won't transfer.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Sorry for being so vague, transferring between a ship and space station the cargo. With basic rail to storage and lots of cargo, docking to storage, everything done to u-tube and other posts but it still won't transfer.
    Assuming you connected your storage controllers to the appropriate rails, did you check your auto-pull settings on both entities?

- turn auto-pull off on the source entity's storage controller - so that it will release its cargo.
    - turn auto-pull on for the receiving entity's storage controller - so that it will pull the cargo from the source entity.

Failure to do this will cause the source entity to not release its cargo to the receiving entity.

Hope this helps.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Didn't we get dedicated transfer rails last patch or two? are you using the transfer rails or the basic rail?

Reaction score
    Did that, checked faction settings, ship and station settings when TAB is pressed, auto pull on and off cargo storage bigger than needed, everything on the videos is followed to the letter, still no transfer. is there settings in the options, just grasping now
    [doublepost=1504372807,1504372741][/doublepost]using basic rails, should I be using transfer rails???

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    everything on the videos is followed to the letter
    That's what worries me. How old of videos?
    Yes, I believe you need the right kind of transfer rail now, for each operation seperately.

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I had to figure this out as well.

Do the following
    1. Connect ship cargo storage to docking rail on ship (Ctrl C, Ctrl V)
    2. Place an unload rail on the statation or w/e to dock to it.
    3. Take this unload rail and ctrl c and ctrl V it too the stations Cargo storage block (not the yellow ones)
    4.Turn on auto pull FOR BOTH CARGO's Stations AND SHIPS Unload rail only allows auto pull in one direction (unload reverse for load rail)
    5.You must have auto pull on for both cargo.
    6.Last step go into the radial wheel (tab) select ship-->Cargo and something along the lines of always ask or always allow. Put a build block down on station and DO THE SAME (always allow)

Basically cargo transfer does work, there just NO IN GAME explanation wut so ever. and most vids i see just show it in action and dont tell you how to set it up :E

Reaction score
    Yes, 2 different rails to install on the station, rail load and rail unload. You have to connect to which ever one you want to do for your ship. Thanks everyone who helped

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, 2 different rails to install on the station, rail load and rail unload. You have to connect to which ever one you want to do for your ship. Thanks everyone who helped
    Or you put a basic rail down. Then make a Unload and a Load block down and placea button NEXT TO EACH. Then logic the buttons up to the basic rail

Press button

Profit.

P.S this changes the basic rail into either ones via button presss
    PSS (this makes it soo you only have to dock to one thing period)