Bug Cannot salvage certain attack ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I spawned two factions with custom names and declared war on one of them. The faction sent ships to attack us called 'Faction Attack Ships', and upon overheating their cores, our salvage beams have no effect on the blocks. There's no error message; the salvage cannons simply will not collect the blocks. We've tried using other ships, and we CAN collect the blocks by hand, just not with any of our ship's cannons. Our salvage cannons will work upon attempting to salvage other ships, such as pirates, just not the 'faction attack ship'. Is this a bug, or a simple oversight?

Edit: Looks like the same applies to any faction, not just player-made ones. Weird thing is, ships do not actually need an AI module to have a function as fleet members. Perhaps it's something to do with fleet assignment?

Kindest regards,

Brent

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I have it too. Seems the ship's AI is still alive when you overheat them.
    Since the enemy ship is recognized as a fleet, overheating the ship will not have their AI turned off.

Reactions: Darkovia711
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have it too. Seems the ship's AI is still alive when you overheat them.
    Since the enemy ship is recognized as a fleet, overheating the ship will not have their AI turned off.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon enough.

Weird thing is, ships do not actually need an AI module to have a function as a fleet member. They'll still attack, mine, etc. even without AI modules. So, if you somehow destroyed the AI module in the ship you were trying to scavenge, I don't think it would work...

Reaction score
    Bump - I'm also having this issue. This is a real bummer, because looting destroyed ships is half the fun of the game! Please fix this issue soon!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Perhaps it's something to do with fleet assignment?
    A ship that is in a fleet can not be salvaged. The setting of being in a fleet is independent to whether the Ships Core is on overload or not.

I am seeing a lot of abuse of this fleet command. People use it to prevent others from salvaging there shot ships. By keeping all there ships even the ones they pilot in fleets. There are other little tricks to. That are only possible by having your ship in a fleet.

NPC ships are unsalvageable because of this. Forcing you to exit your ship and unbuild it from the downed enemies core.

I also highly recommend server owners to change the default setting of having Unfactioned ships in a fleet!

server.cfg

ONLY_ALLOW_FACTION_SHIPS_ADDED_TO_FLEET = false //only allows faction ships to be added to fleet

Set this the true so only ships in a faction can be added to a fleet.

This does not solve the unsalvageable NPC fleet or player ships. But i does prevent people from basicly commanding every none factioned core into a star or there own Home Base.

If you want to clear a crowded core polluted server spawn fast. While not beeing the admin. This is the way to do it.

Edit:

You can even steal someones floating hull without the ship having any thrust. Since fleets have a set movement in unloaded sectors. Just add the ship to your fleet and command it to your Home Base. Leave the sector so it unloads and watch the brick fly to your Home Base.

With factioned fleets you can only add ships to a fleet that are in your own faction.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That isnt new at all
    First ticket seems to be 14 Feb 2016. Last update on it being 28 Dec 2016. Until Andy reopens it on 10 Mar 2017. Possible because Darkovia711 makes a post about it here.

Best solution at the end seems to be adding the shot ship to a fleet of your own. Which makes it salvageable again.

However last time i shot someone to pieces he set the ship to his fleet. Preventing me from salvaging my rightful price. So i ended up nuking the remains until there was pretty much nothing left.

So with this and all the other nasty tricks fleet commands can do. It would be really nice if the fact that the ship is in a fleet. Will no longer prevent you from salvaging the ship once you shoot it.

BTW On a server with None Factioned Fleets.

You can do hilarious things to new players at spawn in unfactioned cores… It also acts like a GPS Tracking device...

Please set the default StarMade server settings so that none factioned ships can not be added to fleets.

Since most server admins are clueless about these sort of things.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    it is logged as being reopened because of some changes to the phabricator bug tracker
    it was originaly about another issue and got reopened in august with a changed description