Cannot join servers with Custom Textures

Reaction score
    I'm running a server but I cannot join it because it uses custom textures. The server will hang at downloading custom textures and then eventually give an EOFexception and disconnect. Usually it prompts asking you want to dl custom textures. I'm thinking the window for the prompt isn't popping up so it just hangs there until it disconnects. If anyone else has experienced this or knows a work around post below.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Important to note, that updating to the most recent build of Starmade caused this bug to occur. The server and all clients were running fine before this update.

The current build ( v0.198.146 ) may not be compatible with custom blocks or textures on a server. A hotfix could be useful, to simply turn off the autodetection of custom blocks and push to clients feature.

Reactions: Alsos
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    The testserver is using 2 custom blocks (as a test ... nothing big or fancy) and i havent seen a problem with that.
    removed them and could download them again on next login.
    will check anothertime in the evening.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well it's not working on "real" servers. The game hangs on loading while "Downloading server custom textures..." at least it seems to be hung. Shouldn't take 20 minutes ;p

Devs - hotfix? Just turn it off, please.

Reactions: Alsos
    Reaction score
    This is incredibly frustrating. Cant play an updated server because you don't get the option to say no to auto downloading custom textures etc when joining a server. Makes me wonder whether this was intentional or not. If it was then its beyond stupid, and if it wasn't its still just as stupid lol.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    what server is this happening to?
    please add a log.txt.0 file from one of the failed attempts. it is located in the starmade intstall folder /logs folder. rmove the .0 part and drag and drop it into a posting here.