Cannot break pirate station faction block

Reaction score
    Hi, I've searched this forum for hours tonight trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I found a pirate station, and I want to loot/salvage it. I found the faction block, but cannot destroy the block. I've tried AMCs, Damage Beams, salvage beams, astronaut mode salvage beam... nothing seems to work. Everything I shoot at it reports zero damage being delivered, salvage reports I cannot salvage any blocks since the faction block is intact. I've destroyed most of the station by now, hitting the faction block from every angle, and trying every weapon. I even tried the /delete_entity command without success. I watched youtube videos and those weren't any help either.

I'm running 0.157 with somewhat buffed damage/salvage values configured. I'm on windows 7 64bit, 64gb RAM, 2x 4GB GTX770's sli'd running on a 30 inch monoprice monitor at 2560x1600 resolution. I am in single player mode.

If I missed a posting or instruction/tutorial, I apologize for writing a ticket, but I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Faction blocks have a very high armor rating. Make sure the weapon you're using can do at least 100 damage per hit.

Reaction score
    Thank you for your quick response.

My primary weapon is a damage beam system on my main mining ship. It has 27 elements that have between 375 and 525 dmg/sec. each. My other ship has AMCs on it, not sure of the damage on it. I'd say it's at least 60 blocks per element, and probably 10 or 12 elements.

Just for fun, I modded the block config file to make the damage beam 200dam/hit. When I hit any other block, it says I did 5000 damage. The faction block says 5000 till the shields are depleted then 0 damage for as long as I hold the beam on it. Occasionally, a different number scrolls up in the list of 0's, I'm assuming this is some shield regen.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I fired a single missile which did a grand total of 50 000 damage per shot. That's right. Fifty thousand damage points. I even disabled the shields first with a single antimatter cannon which did 10 000 damage per shot. Neither the cannon or the missile could destroy the block, and I have to had at least done that ten times. Please fix it (sad face)

Reaction score
    Thank you everyone, I saw the post about hardened hull, but didn't make the connection, since a faction block isn't really a hull block. I will try adding some effect and report back.

Reaction score
    SUCCESS! I added a piercing computer and 20 modules to my damage beam and one shot killed the faction block. Thanks so much for your help.