Read by Council Cannon spread.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Pretty basic.

Add a small default spread to cannons, and increase it as you slave cannons.

This would help differentiate beams an cannons in a significant way. Especially after they fix beams.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm against a general cannon spread, especially for sniper cannons. Hitting a target is hard enough with only one shot per second. But I'd like to have it for cannon/cannon.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm against a general cannon spread, especially for sniper cannons. Hitting a target is hard enough with only one shot per second. But I'd like to have it for cannon/cannon.
    You could pretty easily have slaved damage beam reduce it to create snipers.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    well this does make some sense for the cannon+cannon setups but it would still be one hell of a nerf.
    But while we're talking about weapon spread, those shotguns needs some fixing.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I recommend zero spread for basic cannon,with slight spread as cannon slave approaches 100%. (1 m spread at 250 m, maximum)

I know it seems less fun with less spread, but this isn't a hand-held weapon: it's a vehicle-mounted, aerospace-engineered precision system.

On the other hand, "spread" would be an interesting additional effect. Equivalent to "shotgunning", but instead of spreading multiple beams/shots at once, it would "spread" one shot at a time. You could use this effect to increase spread at will. Passive effect? Maybe increasing the spread of the weapons in a ship or turret that has you targeted, to simulate a refractive shielding effect that causes shots to slightly bend away from hitting you.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    yeah having it as a passive effect could make use for some flack cannons that have a large-ish spread to maximise the area of the sky covered by a single cannon.

and make for some pretty fun defences if it is a passive effect, kinda curving some shots around your shields to lower the amount of shots that will hit your ship.