Can you repair a core?

Reaction score
    If you can't repair a core, can it be replaced?

It would make since that a large ship could have a replaceable core.

Reaction score
    From what i know you can only have one core. If the countdown is started on it you can enter the core to stop the countdown and keep what ever might be remaining of your ship.
    more cores for different bridges would be cool for big ships but it would cause some problems on a server. Like if Bob enters one core while Steve enters the other the game wont know who to give control to.

Reaction score
    Yes but it could just do first come, first serve, that would work, right? And then add anyone else who gets in to a queue, and if they leave, it removes them from the queue. Opinions?

Reaction score
    I ask, because I've been building a huge ship. I didn't realize that my core was slightly damaged,. I have put alot of work into my masterpiece, with a damaged core. :(

Reaction score
    have you tried the repair beam?
    all you need to do is have a clear shot to your core and blast it with the beam for X time.
    sorry i didn't say this earlier.

Reaction score
    I forgot about that. I believe it's called the AstroBot, or something like that, but I still hold to my idea about multiple cores, for backupbs if ever destroyed in a battle, and just for multiple easy control locations.

Reaction score
    That would be amazing. That way if the game gets player PVP you could have an option from your popit(inentory screen) to shut down access to one of the cores while in the other. There could even be OS that provide better security that you can get from special enemy ships or by exploring.
    So the enemy cant take control of your ship!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The overheat countdown will take longer, the more mass a ship has. It can be stopped by entering the ship. The core can be repaired by the repair beam.
    The will be additional security mechanism to prevent the enemy from taking over your ship. However there won't be a 100% secure method I think :)

Reaction score
    I can use the repair beam on any part of the ship except the core. It says the core can't be "salvaged". Bug?

Reaction score
    Most likely. Try submitting a manual error report with the jar in the StarMade folder.