Can someone explain this madness

Reaction score
    So I was browsing the internet when suddenly I discovered this majestic piece of complete stupidity. I mean, I get throwing in some art onto your ship but the americans did it to AIRPLANES in WORLD WAR TWO.

And then suddenly Japan...

...can someone explain why the f*** you would do that to a FLYING CRAFT.

ITS A FLYING TARGET.

I MEAN JESUS.

THIS BUGS ME SO MUCH YOU DONT EVEN KNOW

Reaction score
    DID I EVEN MENTION THE GIRL ON THE BOTTOM PICTURE HAS BRIGHT, DIED HAIR.

THAT GOES AGAINST SO MANY MILITARY DOCTRINES IT WANTS TO MAKE MY CRY.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The JDF doesn\'t engage in oversee conflicts, becuase it\'s just that, a defense army. Guys get really bored over there, and I\'m sure it was a promotional thing.

Also, that is a wig.

Calm your tits America.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Haha this is the best comment i seen for a long while :P Thank you incap ;)

Reaction score
    Ah, the Four Kisarazu Sisters of the Fourth Anti-Tank Helicopter Squad.

The sisters put that together for the Aviation Festival and Garrison Commemorative event. The full cost of drawing on the two (An OH-1 Observation Heli and an AH-1S Anti-Tank Heli) was 300,000 yen (Aprox $2900 US at the time).

Afterwards, they were scolded pretty hard and the plans to draw on two more were dropped.

And yes, those are wigs.

Reaction score
    This is some sort of transformer helicopter that the japanese electronics and robotics geniuses thought up. Nothing like a good helping of shock and awe.

But seriously. I know personally that both Canadian and American air forces paint certain aircraft all sorts of non-combat colours for air shows and special events. No biggie. They repaint them back to combat colours after.

Reaction score
    I don\'t see the harm, it\'s even an improvement in some way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Also, I find it funny that Nature is saying the decal makes the chopter a flying target when they\'re flying a 14 ton machine that makes a really loud CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA noise.

Is there a group of insurgents specially trained to spot anime decals on the side of helos?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We might as well make everything begin with Random.

Random Chatroom.

Random Discussions.

Random everything!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    True, but hearing it is hardly the same as getting a bead on it with your heavy weaponry. Also, as a general rule most weapons on military vechiles are anti-stealth, so by the time you hear the chopper it\'s probably already lining up its shot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I mean, I get throwing in some art onto your ship but the americans did it to AIRPLANES in WORLD WAR TWO.

Pictured below: USAF Pilot refueling a plane that is still currently in active service

Not quite the same as having a lady on the side, but it breathes armor-piercing bullets.

Reaction score
    That\'s because it\'s the motherf***ing A-10 warthog.

That is the manliest of manly planes currently being flown. It makes tanks the size of small buildings poop their metal pants and can take more of a beating than the entire NFL put together.

It eats terrorists and shits freedom.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There is a massive difference between the attack choppers shown above and the Warthog also shown above. As MrNature said, it is a testosterone-fuled machine of \'Murican rage and vegeance. The Warthog is designed to destroy tanks using the GAU-8 Avenger, the world\'s largest minigun.

It fires 30mm rounds, which are basically cannon rounds, at 4,200 rounds per minute. And for all intensive purposes, the A-10 Warthog IS a tank. Warthogs have been known to lose an entire engine, and the pilots only realized it once they had landed. These aircraft are among the most durable on the planet.

And for the record, the white and black shark teeth paintjob on the Warthog pictured don\'t offer too sharp a contrast. Not that it matters, the Warthog is a ground-attack aircraft, and is gonna be spotted pretty easily.