Can pirates attack offline players?

Reaction score
    One of my players logged off last night with his ships all docked on his non-fation-home planet. He logged on this morning and a couple of his ships were missing, and another had lost its turrets.

I was the only one logged in during the time he was off. I did not blow them up.

So, is it possible for pirates to have visited him while he was logged off?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sounds more like a loading or saving glitch.
    did he try to relog and it stayed that way ?
    did you visit that place between save cycles withou any other player there ?
    are you or him or both running a steam install? (there was a problem with that i think)

Reaction score
    sounds more like a loading or saving glitch.
    did he try to relog and it stayed that way ?
    did you visit that place between save cycles withou any other player there ?
    are you or him or both running a steam install? (there was a problem with that i think)
    We're running on a rented server and both using steam install clients. Pretty sure the server updates from steam as well (Blue Fang)

Reaction score
    We're running on a rented server and both using steam install clients. Pretty sure the server updates from steam as well (Blue Fang)
    Yes it is possible for pirates to attack a base when the players are not on line.

However I would tend to agree wit SmilingDemon , sounds like a load error.

Have you logged out and back in?

As an example. I returned to my home base and was hit by high ping as the sector loaded. I then noticed two of my mother ship (docked at home base) turrets go flying off into space. I inspected the mother ship and noticed that a 16x16 section was missing from the hull. Right were the turret docking modules should have been.

I exited the game, when I logged back in the server "correctly" reloaded my sector. The 16x16 hole was gone and my turrets were back on the docking modules.

-Runeseer