Calderon News Network

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok it appears that some bit of news have surfaced itself with NGE and the RA. Recently NGE has declared war against the RA in an attempt to to accepted in the odium pact. After one of their leaders blowing off this declaration of war and accepting the terms of surrender, because they didn't care at that time nor didn't want to deal with them. After the NGE announced their victory if you can call it that over the RA, the leaders of the RA protested the surrender and the whole situation surrounding it.We don't know what pm that follows but we can see that the posts left from both sides were bitter and was a flame war in full force spanning many threads.

Now it may have speared that the RA have declared war on the NGE but are using tactics that involve creating new characters on nass with new names. And seek to be invited to the NGE so they can dismantle their fleet, base, and sense of security from the inside. Leaving every faction on Nass on edge of possible actions done to them. Right now it is speculation and pointing fingers. But in a post announcing this actions,Obi's respond was " Twas a companion of mine." Could this obi or the RA leaders called for this kind of attack, or is this the actions of one member working independently. Should the RA praise these actions or condemn them. We will try and get more information from Saba and obi.

update: GrandMoffTakin did issue a statement condemning those actions taken by obi. They have closed down recruitment and some actions in their faction, because of fear of retaliation.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I would turn off your devices auto correct because it causes "bass" and "speared"

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Leanson's Corner...

It is just a game. But with anything we do we put a little or alot of ourselves in it becoming a character and assuming roles that reflect what sides and slices of us we wish to show. Because the the amount of people that play this game there will be people who we dislike or like depending on our history or interactions with with will shape those relationships. Just a fast as we can make friends we can make enemies just the same.

There must be a line to where we can draw that separates this game and our real life. For those who play for a long time a game's moments, events, and achievements means more and can draw stronger emotions than people who just started. But with that we must understand it is just a game.

Revenge is the appearance of justice and the absent of substance....

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well I have news for you (nothing offensive intended towards this).

We have been hacked by a user named "Roadrunner", and everything was destroyed on our server. The Rebel Alliance was not shocked at the destruction but shocked at the attempt to destroy the faction. The attempt horribly failed, and we fully recovered in under 5 minutes. And if this act is caused again, it will be reported not to StarMade, but to the U.S. Government for illegal hacking which is a federal law.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

We have been hacked by a user named "Roadrunner", and everything was destroyed on our server. The Rebel Alliance was not shocked at the destruction but shocked at the attempt to destroy the faction. The attempt horribly failed, and we fully recovered in under 5 minutes. And if this act is caused again, it will be reported not to StarMade, but to the U.S. Government for illegal hacking which is a federal law.
    Oh Noes~ What ever shall we do~ -runs in a panicked circle-

But back to being serious; A) Its a server you are the Owner of, you were never in danger of losing anything, and anyone who thinks that would damage anything is quite dumb. B) I Do believe that "Hacking" into your server may not be a real Hack :/ If he had managed to obtain the log in credentials, and then whitelisted himself, That is NOT hacking.

Mind ya, if he broke into the Server host and directly deleted the entity files without logging in, then maybe you'd have something. But as it stands, it sounds to me someone got ahold of your credentials and gave himself admin - 3-

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4

You don't need to tell them, the NSA already knows.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Oh Noes~ What ever shall we do~ -runs in a panicked circle-

But back to being serious; A) Its a server you are the Owner of, you were never in danger of losing anything, and anyone who thinks that would damage anything is quite dumb. B) I Do believe that "Hacking" into your server may not be a real Hack :/ If he had managed to obtain the log in credentials, and then whitelisted himself, That is NOT hacking.

Mind ya, if he broke into the Server host and directly deleted the entity files without logging in, then maybe you'd have something. But as it stands, it sounds to me someone got ahold of your credentials and gave himself admin - 3-
    hack into (vp.): to break into (a server, website, etc.) from a remote location to steal or damage data

Kinda what happened
    :I

Reactions: ShawnR2000

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Oh BTW you had someones account HACKED yourself so we don't give a crap anyhow.

D

Deleted member 301635

How do you know that the hacker's in the US, anyway? I doubt that the US government would extradite someone for hacking a server for some obscure game.

Reactions: Jaaskinal

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    facepalm US Gov don't give crap bout your dumb server. You hacked or had someone hack already so your argument is EVEN more invalid.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I still stand by that this is not a honest to the Term "Hacking"
    As NO Data was actually Stolen or Damaged, and the fact that you have a name makes me think that Someone went ingame and just went /destroy_entity on everything, Which is Actually part of the game. Not Hacking.

Now, if said Person Broke into the Server host/whatever and added his name to the register for admin commands (whatever you call it) or Broke into the Starmade account registry and stole an Admin's Credentials; Then Yes. It was a Hack.

If Said person got into your computer and used one of those Keyboard tracing programs to steal your credentials, you might be able to call it Hacking, but I think that's more "invasion of Privacy?" (Someone with intelligence correct me here).

And Finally, You didn't -Lose- Anything. There was no material lost and everything was backed up. Whats more, there was no IRL Material loss, so I don't see how any lawyer would even side with you if you tried to take it to court (Stemming from my opinion of Lawyers).

I'm Sorry Obi, but you can't just say things and expect people to fear and/or respect you. And what little info you gave in said statement doesn't make me believe anything beyond the idea of A) An Admin was far too lax with his Powers, or B) You may have a Spy whom has Admins giving Powers.

Reactions: FlyingDebris

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I still stand by that this is not a honest to the Term "Hacking"
    As NO Data was actually Stolen or Damaged, and the fact that you have a name makes me think that Someone went ingame and just went /destroy_entity on everything, Which is Actually part of the game. Not Hacking.

Now, if said Person Broke into the Server host/whatever and added his name to the register for admin commands (whatever you call it) or Broke into the Starmade account registry and stole an Admin's Credentials; Then Yes. It was a Hack.

If Said person got into your computer and used one of those Keyboard tracing programs to steal your credentials, you might be able to call it Hacking, but I think that's more "invasion of Privacy?" (Someone with intelligence correct me here).

And Finally, You didn't -Lose- Anything. There was no material lost and everything was backed up. Whats more, there was no IRL Material loss, so I don't see how any lawyer would even side with you if you tried to take it to court (Stemming from my opinion of Lawyers).

I'm Sorry Obi, but you can't just say things and expect people to fear and/or respect you. And what little info you gave in said statement doesn't make me believe anything beyond the idea of A) An Admin was far too lax with his Powers, or B) You may have a Spy whom has Admins giving Powers.
    Trust me, he'd still get a lawyer. Whether he wins or not wouldn't matter to them, because they'd still get payed for as long as they can keep the argument running.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Look, as I type, this guy is attempting to hack us again and is accessing our admin panel. We are now sending a report to the FBI of the U.S., so quit saying that no one cares. This hacker is in the U.S., so there will be punishments.