Cake Industries

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    So here's the small ship i'm working on. Kinda experimenting with new color schemes.

Basically a big cannon with a ship build around it. Still not sure about some parts, especially the cannon. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Well, this is pretty much what I can do so far without a copy/paste + symmetry function. I released a beta version of my Pillar of Autumn. It's deadly so please point the gun array at some covies ;)

Reaction score
    So here's the small ship i'm working on. Kinda experimenting with new color schemes.

Basically a big cannon with a ship build around it. Still not sure about some parts, especially the cannon. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to post them :)
    I like it. Has an interesting industrial feel to it.

Reaction score
    • Marathon Class Cruiser
      • A project I never finished but I might continue if all of my other stuff is done and if people want it to be more than what it is right now. Due to over sized armor (8 thick on all places, the front is a solid chunk of metal) it is very expensive and costs at this moment 10 billion credits to spawn.
    PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE Bring this to completion! The Marathon-class Cruser is one of my favorite Halo ships and I would love to see this completed!

Reaction score
    Well I must say you must be having real fun with your interiors with these new blocks... right?
    please tell me you're still working on these.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I am now working on another new ship (might release a picture soon) and at the same time trying to finish the battle barge (without doing too much interior). All of my ships will NOT get a huge "realistic" 200-400 person interior without a copy/paste symmetry function so I'm still waiting on that.

The lack of updates is mostly because I've been busy with both work and testing. Next week will be the last one where I have to work. I expect a lot of progress in the week after that ;)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Cool! Nice to see some non-symmetrical designs. They became somewhat rare recently.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Really wicked builds.....Interesting Asymmetrical design also. :)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I'm planning to release my Battle Barge next Wednesday (3 September). The exterior is pretty much how I want it now with a few exceptions. Interior has its main structure but I can always release it without the full crew compartments.

Started working on the systems and weapons now, due to a lack of well placed weapon mounts I switched over to missiles as primary weapon. It will have a lot of broadsides missiles for bombardment tasks. The front will have a fair amount of missiles + cannons and maybe a pulse missile or 2. The back, front and sides will have heat seekers that fire in 6 directions to ensure a maximum coverage and to use their range as efficient as possible, they are mostly meant for smaller ships.

The turrets will use the stopping effect so I'll probably go for beam + cannon + stop. These will make the chance of your target outmaneuvering you a lot harder and make it easier for your missiles to hit/kill them.

The side wings will have a series of missiles + beam that have a 2km range. Unfortunately this means their max range relative to the front of the ship will be around 1400 meters.

In terms of armor...I might go for 1 thickness on most places, the front is a little bit thicker but since it's a big ship it's already costly and I don't want to add another billion to it for just more armor.

Reactions: Trollerbobman
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    The trees need to be more grim :<

Joking aside, That looks so cool. So very awesome. :3

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Is that the front of a ship?
    Yes it is. It's going to be a UNSC carrier, based on a 3D model, trying to mix some brown into it to bring some variation in the grey and black parts.

Reaction score
    Yes it is. It's going to be a UNSC carrier, based on a 3D model, trying to mix some brown into it to bring some variation in the grey and black parts.
    Yes pls I always wanted to fly that ship :D How long is it going to be?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    775m long, around 1/2 scale. I changed some minor parts on the ship design though, the back and the bottom was in my opinion not well made so I changed it a little bit. I'll probably post some more pictures in a week when I get more stuff done on it.

Oh and the main gun leaves a 7x13 wide hole, 400 deep in hardened hull... :D