Button to set storage filter from contents

Would you find this useful?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    The new storage filters are very useful, but setting them up is a bit tedious when you have a lot to set.
    I would like to have a button to set the filter to whatever items are in the storage at that time. That way I can just drop in the items that I want to filter and click one button.

Reactions: Megacrafter127
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    What we really need is the ability to filter stuff out of storage and into factories.

Such as a filter button on the factory, so that it can pull resources from a connected plex storage.

That way you can dump all your stuff into one storage and the factories will automatically take stuff out and move it down the line.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What we really need is the ability to filter stuff out of storage and into factories.

Such as a filter button on the factory, so that it can pull resources from a connected plex storage.

That way you can dump all your stuff into one storage and the factories will automatically take stuff out and move it down the line.
    That's what the recipes do for you. Everything listed in the last step will be pulled from whatever it is linked to.

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Well that's what it's suppose to do, it's not really what it actually does though. The factory will pull from storage further down the line just as it does with other factories. This would be an easy way to solve this.

It's buggy at the moment the way it is and it does not work at all for any kind of physical recipe.

So let's say I put the "rinse hull" recipe in a factory and link everything up. It won't pull colored hulls or water from connected factories or storage. Same thing for the covert to wedge recipe and repaint recipe.

Also try hooking up a factory enhancer in there and watch how that messes things up.

I just feel an "input" filter on a factory would solve these issues.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well that's what it's suppose to do, it's not really what it actually does though. The factory will pull from storage further down the line just as it does with other factories. This would be an easy way to solve this.

It's buggy at the moment the way it is and it does not work at all for any kind of physical recipe.

So let's say I put the "rinse hull" recipe in a factory and link everything up. It won't pull colored hulls or water from connected factories or storage. Same thing for the covert to wedge recipe and repaint recipe.

Also try hooking up a factory enhancer in there and watch how that messes things up.

I just feel an "input" filter on a factory would solve these issues.
    DUUUUDE!!!!! Don't you know that those belonged to the old system and that they don't fully work with this system? No wonder you are complaining!

Reaction score
    There still is issues though. Factories pull from plex storage upstream, ignoring filters. See this post.

Also, factories pull in ingredients even if there isn't the other ingredients required, yet if the ingredients required are split across storages, it won't pull them.

Example: Factory is set to charged crystal circuit, and has two plex storages connected to it. Storage 1 has 4 crystal circuit and 20 metal mesh. Storage 2 has 3 crystal circuit and 30 metal mesh.

Each cycle, 1 metal mesh will be pulled into the factory, and no crystal circuit, because neither storage has enough to make what is need (6 circuit).

The new filter system could help with this, but since the factories pull from upstream plex storages, ignoring the filter, in a lot of cases it doesn't really help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    There still is issues though. Factories pull from plex storage upstream, ignoring filters. See this post.

Also, factories pull in ingredients even if there isn't the other ingredients required, yet if the ingredients required are split across storages, it won't pull them.

Example: Factory is set to charged crystal circuit, and has two plex storages connected to it. Storage 1 has 4 crystal circuit and 20 metal mesh. Storage 2 has 3 crystal circuit and 30 metal mesh.

Each cycle, 1 metal mesh will be pulled into the factory, and no crystal circuit, because neither storage has enough to make what is need (6 circuit).

The new filter system could help with this, but since the factories pull from upstream plex storages, ignoring the filter, in a lot of cases it doesn't really help.
    Ha I just wrote a post explaining exactly that in replay but it didn't go through.

That is why the factory needs an intake filter, so you can prevent it from taking too many of one item from your storages.

If your storage filters out 10 capsules per tick, but your factory is only allowed to pull out 5, then your other factory has 5 capsules to pull from.

DUUUUDE!!!!! Don't you know that those belonged to the old system and that they don't fully work with this system? No wonder you are complaining!
    Makes sense Bunny?

Also the "old" recipe system was upgraded and added to along with the new system. So I doubt Schema would take the time to do that if he didn't intent to keep it in the game.

Reaction score
    That is why the factory needs an intake filter, so you can prevent it from taking too many of one item from your storages.

If your storage filters out 10 capsules per tick, but your factory is only allowed to pull out 5, then your other factory has 5 capsules to pull from.
    Yes, that would be great. Or, just make the factories not pull from upstream plex storages.

Also the "old" recipe system was upgraded and added to along with the new system. So I doubt Schema would take the time to do that if he didn't intent to keep it in the game.
    I'm not 100%, but I think that's still only temporary, and will be taken out. Right now there's some imbalances in it anyway:
    • It's cheaper to make grey hull and paint, and then use the old recipe to paint hull, rather than making the color you want directly.
    • You can save resources making hardened hull if you use the decompress recipe to make the standard hull required by the hardened hull crafting tree.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How do factory inputs behave?

How do 3 Plex-Stores behave? Or turned off ones?

If turned off plex stores behave, you could make a logic circuit keeping 2 plex-stores non-empty and turn off after 1 step.