Building with standard armour be like:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yep, they are rare, but there are binary star systems in the universe. I had one in EE pre-wipe; it was nice except for when that second sun liked to sucker punch me on the way to my base. Each star in a binary has its own try-to-kill-you radius.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    A possible solution to the problem of not being able to see the difference between whether or not a corner in textures, is to edit the file textures and put a line of different color, at least is what I do

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol I just place Lights down when I want to see what I'm doing in cases like this because of that issue. :)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    God yes. As someone that works with a lot of standard black armor, its a NIGHTMARE.

You can't see squat. Just outline the edges in white like they were build helper blocks or something, anything!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    God yes. As someone that works with a lot of standard black armor, its a NIGHTMARE.

You can't see squat. Just outline the edges in white like they were build helper blocks or something, anything!
    Depends on the angle you look at the block. I noticed that looking up at blocks looks like the picture in the OP, but looking DOWN doesn't. Here's an example:

Look at the black standard armor in the bottom half and top halfs of the image

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Does no good when you're working on a different angle that can't be mirrored.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Galactus has the cure, you can too with 10 mins of the Paint program!

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I totally relate to the OP. At this point though, I've discovered that building at certain angles can help a lot. Using alternating colors/materials to break up giant monofields of texture works pretty well too. I've really moved away from lighten in most situations and find it actually more helpful to temporarily add in lights while I work since the angling and shadows can actually reveal those edges.