*is too dark*
    "I can't see sh*t."

*lightens*
    "I still can't see sh*t."

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are some different texture packs that you can use that comes default with the game. Not sure which one yours is set to but you could try some of the others. There an option when you load the game.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    There are some different texture packs that you can use that comes default with the game. Not sure which one yours is set to but you could try some of the others. There an option when you load the game.
    Nah, they're either depreciated (no longer shipped with fresh installs) or the same as defaults because they are undergoing an overhaul.

Yrjosmiel what exactly are you not able to see? Or more to the point, what do you feel you should be seeing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nah, they're either depreciated (no longer shipped with fresh installs) or the same as defaults because they are undergoing an overhaul.

Yrjosmiel what exactly are you not able to see? Or more to the point, what do you feel you should be seeing.
    I can't see the difference whether it's an edge or a surface.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I can't see the difference whether it's an edge or a surface.
    Thats because that specific block has no edge on the texture, specifically so players can create larger planes with no seams.
    Removing that textural option removes some pretty neat aesthetic options being used by players.

If you need to measure, you could plot a shape with another colour perhaps? Or drop lights at intervals?

A outline shader may be an option later on in development to show a white outline like the "build helper" on all blocks. But currently no such thing exists.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Black is worse :p if some light shines on your monitor you can't even build when facing the system star.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    White is the worst. If building black, you don't see anything, if you build with white, you well not see anything for the next 10 minutes :P

The lighting option is very weird, because i would supose this option deactivates the normal ambient lighting and then lightens up the area, but it just does both.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There is a shader mod of Bearish's that attempts to fix this problem. Not sure if it's still up to date but it probably is.

Reaction score
    The lightier lighten mode mod is something that more or less fixes this issue (which I've had my fair share of encounters with, being an avid user of white standard armor).
    Something like a slider instead of an on/off switch for lighten mode might work, putting it halfway or so to keep some of the shadows while lighting up darker parts enough.

I really love the smoothness of standard armor, it just happens to be terrible to build with in these kinds of instances.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The lightier lighten mode mod is something that more or less fixes this issue (which I've had my fair share of encounters with, being an avid user of white standard armor).
    Something like a slider instead of an on/off switch for lighten mode might work, putting it halfway or so to keep some of the shadows while lighting up darker parts enough.

I really love the smoothness of standard armor, it just happens to be terrible to build with in these kinds of instances.
    Slider....this, so many times this! There are times when I want a REALLY bright lighten mode, and times when I just want a tiny bit, with a default in the middle. Hell, even a darken mode can come in handy if you're a noob like me and decided to build next to a supergiant star XD

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I once took over a Binary system because I thought it would be cool.

It was...it was also very very bright.