Recognized by Council Building & Logic Editing

Do people actually think this would be useful?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    When i've compacted my logic into a ship, and this problem comes with most smaller ships, when i have to spread the logic through the gaps i can find.
    I find editing the logic, after i have installed it, to be quite confusing and hard to manage.

Now here's my suggestion:
    An Advanced Build mode/check box that turns non logic blocks transparent and one for displaying systems like weapon computers/lamps/factories separately, letting you only edit the visible logic blocks.

What do you think? did i forget something? Does something already exists? Comment below.

Reactions: Benevolent27
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cmn devs, just implement programmable blocks and all our problems with logic will evaporate.

If not true then false!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This sounds really useful! I think the blocks shouldn't be 100% transparent though, a sort of ghost version so you can orientate and see where you can still build would be better. Could be really useful for refitting ships too, when for example balancing changes make your ship inefficient. Or when you accidently delete the computer of a weapon.

Reaction score
    Come on devs, just implement programmable blocks and all our problems with logic will evaporate.

If not true then false!
    -Confusion- This would be a UI implementation. Not sure how a programmable block would solve this, you'd still have to hook it up to things that are not logic.

Reaction score
    So, basically a build option that turns all blocks that you're not looking for invisible?
    I'm going to make sure it's clear: MAKE IT WORK FOR ALL BLOCKS. Expand the functions on the pick-block system we have now so that we can turn certain blocks invisible (And intangible, so you can just "reach through" other blocks without actually needing to fly into the block to touch it), turn all but certain blocks invisible, etc.

Reactions: Benevolent27
    Reaction score
    Madman198237
    Thats exactly what i mean, the filter would be awesome if it included things like "logic" "Weapons" categories but being able to do logic and weapons together would improve editing of systems. OR you could have it inverted, where the selected types/list of blocks are intangible. Maybe a bit like the filtering system on storage.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Madman198237
    Thats exactly what i mean, the filter would be awesome if it included things like "logic" "Weapons" categories but being able to do logic and weapons together would improve editing of systems. OR you could have it inverted, where the selected types/list of blocks are intangible. Maybe a bit like the filtering system on storage.
    I like the idea of it being able to filter by groups. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to edit my weapons system, but had buried both the computers and modules in other blocks. It'd be nice if I could just see what I was looking for.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464340127,1464340081][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So, basically a build option that turns all blocks that you're not looking for invisible?
    I'm going to make sure it's clear: MAKE IT WORK FOR ALL BLOCKS. Expand the functions on the pick-block system we have now so that we can turn certain blocks invisible (And intangible, so you can just "reach through" other blocks without actually needing to fly into the block to touch it), turn all but certain blocks invisible, etc.
    How about being able to select more than one block type?

Reaction score
    Yeah, hence the use of plurals.
    If I didn't want multiple selections, I would've used a singular word. Actually, multiple singular words, which comes close to being an oxymoron.
    Also, if I didn't want the expanded functionality of multiple selections, I'd be an idiot. And/or a fool.