Building AI Launching carriers

Reaction score
    Just wondering, Is it possible for me to make a ship that automatically launches drones while having its own turrets? And how would I go about doing so.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you go into the structure Tab of the ship, there is a \"Undock all\" under \"Fixed Docking\", which will undock all things docked to a docking module, mind ya they wont redock afterwards...

Reaction score
    Is it possible to launch the ships without having my turrets also launch off?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I haven\'t had the chance to test this out yet, just throwing ideas around, but I\'m working on a carrier that has a crapton of single-capacity fighter bays that all face \"down\", coupled with gravity generators in the wall... which also are oriented \"down\".. :) So I\'m thinkin\', hit the Activate AI button, then the undock all button, and they\'ll all just \"fall\" out of the bays, whichever way I\'m facing, until they exit the Carriers gravity field and engage.

-Sounds- like a cup of awesome, but again, no idea if it\'ll all function the way it slides right out of my imagination.

Hope that\'ll stir something up that will work for you

Reaction score
    sounds cool. Personally its starting to look like bigger fighters work better than small ones, especially if they have turrets for even more DPS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gravity generators don\'t work on other ships. It would be nice to have some sort of gravity system that captures ships, but it doesn\'t exist yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That captures ships ^^ It actually allows you to exceed the server speed limit 0.0 But gravity blocks do not affect ships and that kind of sucks but it would be annoying to have all unmanned ship fall down to your carrier.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mean, there could be a seperate block you could use to set up areas where gravity would happen on your ship. You could even set it to zero just to allow undocking ships not to slam into the back wall at speed.

Reaction score
    Is there a good way to make missiles with docked ships, I heard something about drones with pulse weapons trying to ram enemies due to the way the AI uses the weapon

Reaction score
    Try using pulsators. Undock the ships and immediately fire the pulsators behind them and they should shoot right out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can just imagine ship launching pods like in Starship troopers now a possibillity

Reaction score
    Ok sounds good, I just read about someone doing that so it sound pretty neat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I made a ship a long time ago that literally just deployed abritrary \"mech suits\" as a response to the update that first brought personal weapons. The ship would rush past enemy fire and proceed to dump marines onto enemy ships/bases which then would use personal weaponry to overpower the location.

http://imgur.com/a/AisvQ#4 heres a link to a few pics of it. with pulsators and undocking technique I might be able to actually \"shoot\" the troops very quickly at enemy ships. so many possibilities ...

Reaction score
    Its a nice idea, but it seems that the ships also need to be balanced and stuff just right to work. For a torpedo it seems that having a AI ship with a pulse gun will make it try to get close to other ships thus making it go for a ram so its a much easier way to make torpedoes. Will a pulse cannon push something away from another ship? because Im trying to use it as part of an escape pod system, but theres no way for me to get inside the pod and use the pulse

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ye u have to manually control the pulse computer for it to fire, ai torpedoes sound like a shiny idea tho, will test on my battleship sometime