Build ship. IMMEDIATELY destroyed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been trying to play this game for days. Only once have I been able to do any actualy mining and that was my first ship. Since then, I build a ship, start to move, BOOM killed by pirates or whatever. Now I only have enough credits for 1 each essential block. I've now built like 3 of these ships. And the second I start to head out to mine. BOOM killed again. This game seems like it would be a lot of fun if it didn't make me want to run to the nearest living programer and kill him.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So. Complaint is, I\'m guessing, for singleplayer. Otherwise, it\'s admin level on your server, not a problem with StarMade.

But even if single, still not an issue with StarMade. Your singleplayer is actually a locally hosted multiplay server. Which means a) you\'re admin - go godmode or something, b) you\'re admin, set it up so there\'s no pirates.

Either way, you also have an issue. Apparently your issue also seems to be \"I can\'t handle ships shooting at me\". Build your guns. Build turrets. Fortify your mining vessel. Or, turn off hostile AI. Your choice.

Edit: http://star-made.org/comment/74505#comment-74505 - Jumping past any confusion that this might be some form of trolling. There\'s more specific questions here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    TIn the early game, people cannot always defend yourselves against Isanths, but before I go on, I must ask a question...

Is this in Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

EDIT: Their are tons of youtube videos about starmade that may help, so maybe you should go and watch some and not be a troll yourself

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Going to the games \"HELP Forum\" is a pretty dam efficient way to get some in-game help; so thanks for pointing out that right here is obviously the best place for Starmade research. lol. Gotta love you adolescent keyboard warriors.

I do appreciate you giving that little information ..and making yourself look like an ass troll while doing so. Thanks again. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    giving me useless babble and showing everyone your a massive unhlepful douche bag

That\'s not helpful? Well, color me green and put me in a pickle jar. I thought that addressing the issue you had was

... but apparently that isn\'t the case. So then. If using admin commands to set yourself in god mode, adjusting the server config to remove pirates, or fortifying yourself to the level that they can\'t hurt you aren\'t what you want, what is?

Going to a help forum is research

You came here to the \"help\" forums to research, I gave your answers. Seems to me that a certain grumpy bum is a bit ungrateful, but I expect that.

And trust me, if you want \"unhelpful babble\", I can troll the absolute fudge out of you if that\'s what you want. I haven\'t done it yet, though.

Edit: As you may have noticed, I do like including quotes when being attacked by someone. Makes it easier to keep in context, even when you edit your original post.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Do yourself a favor, just walk away from the keyboard, take a breath, then come back. We\'ll pretend you never lashed out at someone giving you actual help.

Now then. I\'m going to refine it further for you. Are you having trouble with:

• Using admin commands to prevent yourself from dying?
    • Using server configuration files to prevent pirates from spawning?
    • Making a ship that can handle pirates?

As a further helpful point, make your original topic an actual question, or include a question, if you want more specific help in future. Randomly complaining in the \"help\" forum, is not looking for help. I\'m still taking it as a generalised cry of \"I need assistance\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow your just all full of dumbass arent you? I could spend all that time searching through videos or I could ask people directly who know.. but asking questions and then getting responses from shitty people is trolling. I\'ll try and remember that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You sir are a troll.

This man gave you help, but you just go and shove it right back into his face.

I have a few words for you.

F*** of you unhelpful little crap.

Reaction score
    You open by attacking the poster whose looking for help playing the game, then give advice which isn\'t helpful in the form of \"just admin cheat\" before giving overly general and thus useless ship building \"advice.\"

Edit: Though apparently he is more unpleasent. Guess this isn\'t the place to be. Later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been trying to play this game for days. Only once have I been able to do any actualy mining and that was my first ship. Since then, I build a ship, start to move, BOOM killed by pirates or whatever. Now I only have enough credits for 1 each essential block. I\'ve now built like 3 of these ships. And the second I start to head out to mine. BOOM killed again. This game seems like it would be a lot of fun if it didn\'t make me want to run to the nearest living programer and kill him.

My apologies. I gave generalised help to a generalised complaint that lacks anything in the form of actual question. Please, point out what specific answer I could give instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://star-made.org/comment/74505#comment-74505

Just pointing out, your lack of question now has a much more specific answer.

Also, tone down the angst. This is a game, we\'re trying to help, you\'re just being an ass.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What was my attack, can I ask? I\'m honestly confused, because I don\'t see it, myself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://star-made.org/comment/74505#comment-74505

Giving much more specific questions here. Because his OP doesn\'t actually give anything other than his urge to kill a programmer.

Reaction score
    That comes to mind instantly. Or just tell him to keep running and try to find an abandoned station to eat for more credits since his bank is low. Then build a more defensible ship, with actual balpark stats maybe? I asked these same questions of friends who played before me and they were actially helpful about it. It all went alot better than this mess. That said his response to Trollerbobman was just plain uncalled for.

Troller actually covered what would have been my other suggestion, just ask for specifics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s how I roll when people give a splat of complaint in lieu of seeking advice. It\'s returning the same as received - if he had given a nice question, he\'d get a nice answer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow your just all full of dumbass arent you? I could spend all that time searching through videos or I could ask people directly who know.. but asking questions and then getting responses from shitty people is trolling. I\'ll try and remember that.

There\'s even links to the most direct forms of help if that\'s what you need in those pointers. Removes the need for you to \"spend all that time searching through videos\" that you seem loathe to do.

If, on the other hand, you need help with making a better ship, I can\'t help you there just yet. I am, though, in the process of making a page for that. You\'ll have to wait a bit before it\'s done, though.

Reaction score
    1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0qTeXjeT4

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNIDywMUm5A

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtI4zpKt8k

http://www.youtube.com/user/schemastarmade/videos?view=0&flow=grid

I suggest however that you edit the config:

Go to your StarMade folder and find \"Server.cfg\" find either \"ENABLE_SIMULATION = true //Universe AI simulation\" and change true to false, or find \"ENEMY_SPAWNING = true //Enables enemy spawing\" and change true to false. Do that and then after a restart it will take affect. it (May) Require a reset of the universe.