Build Helper Fill Remove Options

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Folks,

I know this has been requested a few times and just now while building a large project I was once again reminded of the pain. Here are some of the other threads.

Suggested - Fill With Block for Build Helper
    Fill build helper
    Recognized by Council - Fill Enclosed Area Option for Build Helper

Options I would like are;
    • Fill - where it fills the entire thing solid if it's a shape like a sphere. Or if it's something flat like a disk.
    • Fill Edge or Fill Hollow - to create hollow spheres etc.
    • Remove - opposite of Fill where the shape is cut out leaving a void
    • Remove Edge/Hollow - opposite of Fill Edge/Hollow where it cuts through for those instances where you want to carve out shapes
    • Edge Thickness - could be a slider like those used for brush size. Or maybe just use the brush size to determine the thickness as with most drawing programs.
    Issues and possible resolutions
    • lag lag lag due to large fill areas
      • Have this performed in chunks, but have the chunks buffered in a way they do not interact with the undo. Maybe have a slider bar, that can be manually controlled
      • Perhaps have edge filled first, then the hollow section
      • Or maybe a position selector where the fill function expands from there automatically. Which is what we do with the existing fill tool. This way it would be a single all in one click.
    • Undo calculation lag and bloat
      • I don't know how this is done now, but I notice the lag when I do large chunks of anything adding/removing. And it prevents me doing anything else and sometimes crashes the game
      • My thoughts would be to handle this in chunks that are offloaded to another java or other process with it's own threads and if this crashes who cares. At least the game doesn't crash.
    I'm sure others can come up with problems and ideas to resolve them. Feel free to add here.

lochenspace

Redstone Fusion Engineer
    Reaction score
    This would be REALLY USEFUL, especially since I can't build a cool ship to save my live. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯