Build Block Fix

Reaction score
    As I said before, making a super massive salvage shit that could eat up a planet faster isnt that difficult. The proposed change will hinder building in any game mode. It is better to leave as is. It is not the developer\'s job to stop people from abusing something that is in the game by design.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well it IS the devs problem to fix stuff that is abuseable, becuase they can really ruin the game (That\'s why they are called abuses)

Reaction score
    There is no creative mode.

and the fix for build block is lowering the dimensions for placing and removing blocks

to something like 3x3x3 instead of the 10x10x10

Reaction score
    complete new idea...

in build mode you only can place blueprint versions of the blocks which are only visible in buildmode, and delete blocks only as blueprint. then you have to give energy to the buildblock which then begins building/deleting what you have designet in the blueprint, which also would work great with shipcores, which you then could dock at a shipyard and the yard begins to build if it has the materials

maybe for the buildblock you would have then a extra weapon which is the opposite of the salvage beam and puts blocks in the blueprint areas -> you could make smal builderships/drones which then begin the constructing deconstructing of what ever you designed

can you follow me?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Buildblock - as suggested in Q&A - should work only on planets claimed by factions. Claiming a planets should take time and resources (faction points exactly) so claiming a planet only to mine it with build block would not be profitable, so \"proper\" mining with salvage beams will happen.

The same mechanics can be used on asteroids/npc stations but with less time and resources consuming.

Also there can be added power consume for every block placed/mined, there was idea of paying credits for mining blocks but imo it\'s not a good solution.
    Removing the blocks may also cost some faction points, so major changes to the planets would be only available to the bigger factions (or would take much time for the smaller ones).

Of course we don\'t have this faction points yet, but it\'s much likely that one day they\'re going to be implemented (because they also solve another issues like home base invincibility, etc).

Automatic shipyard may work as a build block connected to docking module, but different solutions for shipyards were talked about many times in other topics.

Reaction score
    If this game wants to be legitamitely survival, it WILL have to remove some of the capabilities of the build block. As your proposed, you can remove massive amounts of shit with the salvage beams, but the amount of resources you would need to get a ship like that would take quite a while without being able to Power delete planets or space stations that give you an infinite amount of credits. You would need a large amount of salvage beams seperate from each other, stacked, as well as shit tons of power (possibly? I don\'t recall the power requirement for salvage beams). I think the build block is one of the highest priorities to fix.

Even if OP\'s suggestion isn\'t the best, saying that it should just be left alone and frowned upon is absurd. It\'s like making a game without an anticheat, sure hackers are frowned upon, but they will continue with their shit anyways, and the game itself will be frowned upon for not making any prevention towards those hacks.

Reaction score
    The idea about faction points sounds cool. Ultimately, as long as something happens so that players cannot abuse the build block so badly - then I am happy.