Bug Bugs Found In a Half Day

Reaction score
    Pressing C In a turret caused a lot of wired bugs when the ship is not aliened. Recommended fix is to place it aliened with the ship.

Turrets rotate when place on the side of the ship, and you press up or down to get to it. After this, you have to undock, leave the ship and re-enter it to finally dock it normally.

You don't collide with ships in multiple sectors.

You cannot salvage ships in multiple sectors.

When a player gets into a core, then presses up or down into a turret that has faction claim, it will eject him, then cause the core to have a fake player in the core, so none can get in, until the player re-logs.

Reaction score
    Pressing C In a turret caused a lot of wired bugs when the ship is not aliened. Recommended fix is to place it aliened with the ship.

Turrets rotate when place on the side of the ship, and you press up or down to get to it. After this, you have to undock, leave the ship and re-enter it to finally dock it normally.
    I believe these are being worked on. Stuff like that was mentioned in the New Years News.

When a player gets into a core, then presses up or down into a turret that has faction claim, it will eject him, then cause the core to have a fake player in the core, so none can get in, until the player re-logs.
    I don't understand. Could you maybe rephrase the steps how to reproduce?

As for the rest: I'll probably have to consult with AndyP once I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Well basicly, if your not in the faction, and the faction only has claim on a turret, not the ship core, you can get into the core, and change to the turret with the up or down keys, because the turret your going into has a faction claim on it, it will eject you. But the problem is, when you get back to the core you originality entered will have wired fake player in it, until you re-log.

If you want more infomation, please ask, or add me on skype, so we may discuss this in person (Well kinda, it is the internet).

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Reaction score
    I've had a similar thing happen using Tab+F8. Occasionally when jumping to a ship using Tab+F8 without leaving your current ship will leave the core still marked as occupied and no one, including the jumping player, cannot access it till re-log.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    As Tab+F8 is strictly for debug purposes, it takes control of the selected entity regardless of any other 'required' actions that should be made.
    It sometimes even lets you move two ships together as if you were controlling both at the same inputs.

You should not use it in any universe you are going to use for long terms, as it 'may' break things and controls.
    So it is a side-effect but not a bug to just bypass all the 'get out' 'get in' scripts you normally use.

- Andy

Reaction score
    As Tab+F8 is strictly for debug purposes,
    That's why I hadn't mentioned it till now or filled a bug report but here it may be relevant for debug purposes. I've also had it control a ship and a turret at the same time.