Bug Bug with rail connection logic

Reaction score
    When linking a rail to an activation block, the block gets turned on when a docker is on the rail, but it does not turn off when the docker moves off the rail. This makes it impossible to check if something is docked to a specific rail.
    With the old touch logic the activation block turns off just fine when the docker moves off the rail.

starmade-gif-0001.gif

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Noticed that and it's rather annoying to say the least.

Reaction score
    Link the activation to a button and then back again.

Then you the pulse as the indication. Its the same bug as the activation linked to a cargo block with it not turning off when state changes

Reaction score
    Link the activation to a button and then back again.

Then you the pulse as the indication. Its the same bug as the activation linked to a cargo block with it not turning off when state changes
    That would be the same as just linking the rail to a button, which works fine. That only lets me detect if something has moved over the rail though. I need to detect if something is currently stopped on the rail.

Reaction score
    True, then put a button after the activation rail point so it will turn off the activation button if the entity has moved off the spot

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How about just fix the bug because I'd rather not have to use a workaround when I shouldn't have to in the first place.

Reaction score
    Well considering its fundamental to how the c-v system is working, just look at the c-v linked activation module linked to storage containers for an example of modules not turning off.

So its going to be a big deal to fix it. If that's a docking point you are using, why can't you have an activation module next to it, behind it, under it?

Reaction score
    Well considering its fundamental to how the c-v system is working, just look at the c-v linked activation module linked to storage containers for an example of modules not turning off.

So its going to be a big deal to fix it. If that's a docking point you are using, why can't you have an activation module next to it, behind it, under it?
    ... because under it is the permission module, next to it are the platform hull blocks/indicator lights/etc., and above it is the pickup/shootout rail construct that also needs to be connected to the same logic as the rail proper.

Reaction score
    Got a screen shot?
    I like to use shot out etc.
    I have the permission module in the middle of the docker/rail.

And have cross linked activition modules behind each