[Bug] Tradestation bug (Admins Watch out)

Reaction score
    I wanted to make this post for other admins hosting Starmade servers. I recently found and bug/exploit giving free items from TradeStations. This is in v0.199.161. At a TradeStation, my friend, StormWing0, had a thought using the leaking implement (when over capacity) to obtain free items from the station. You must have access to the shop module to do this (by access, I mean being able to be next to it). With these, items will start spewing out until the capacity has been neutralized. The steps are as follows:

**Step One:**
    Get a lot of heavy blocks to fill the TradeStation high over capacity. Then, sell these blocks, therefore, filling the shops over capacity.

**Step Two:**
    Find the shop module and slowly random items from the shop will start leaking.

**Step Three:**
    Collect the blocks.

I have reported this to Schine but for now, I suggest watching out for others abusing this. This bug is very easy to reproduce and needs to be fixed immediately.

*This glitch/exploit could work with any inventory holding blocks without enough cargo space*

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Basically just taking advantage of in game mechanics. The blocks with Inventories are suppose to leak items when over capacity. That said these stations need to be updated with cargo spaces connected to the shops.

Reactions: ButterVsSm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The ingame stations should have been given an upgrade long ago. There are plenty of nice stations for download on this site. No admin should still be using those old stations on their server. That be said. You can only change the stations so seed them across the map when you start a new map. Adding them to an existing server map is tricky if not impossible.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    The ingame stations should have been given an upgrade long ago. There are plenty of nice stations for download on this site. No admin should still be using those old stations on their server. That be said. You can only change the stations so seed them across the map when you start a new map. Adding them to an existing server map is tricky if not impossible.
    That's the thing I don't see the new ones in my folders where they should be if the updated ones were sent out so the devs might be holding onto them until they get a few things into the game first.

Reaction score
    That's the thing I don't see the new ones in my folders where they should be if the updated ones were sent out so the devs might be holding onto them until they get a few things into the game first.
    AFAIK nothing has been updated. Nothing has been sent out. My guess is the "new old" stations won't get any official updates - except possibly by their individual authors as separate downloads - and there might or might not be another station contest in the future. I wouldn't shed many a tear over the current stations, there have been new features added that would require extensive redesigns anyway, and the community's design standard in general has improved quite a bit in quality.

You have to hand-pick "nice stations" from the community content section, add them to the StarMade/blueprints-stations/{pirate,neutral,trading-guild}/ directories yourself, and optionally delete the default stations, after which point newly discovered stations will come from that pool, but existing stations will still be the default models.