Bug tracker: Clean up

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    This is a list of reported issues we cannot do anything with at this moment.
    Some need more information, some require confirmation if it still occurs and others we can not test because no tester has that specific hardware or problem.

We would greatly appreciate it if you read the whole list mentioned here and provide the needed information if that issue occurs on your client. Especially the hardware-software related issues require some attention.

The best thing you could do is leaving a note on that issue but that requires a bug tracker account (click here to make an account). Notify us by clicking here and leaving a message about the issue(s) you left a note on or have more information about.

I poked every author of his issue(s): Please check it again to see if it still happens or if it has been fixed along the way. Maybe it needs some vital information you forgot to provide.

Issues that have been completed will be removed to prevent double work.

Hardware-Software related issues:

Intel HD Graphics (and windows 8+?):
    AMD (and windows 8+?):
    Unknown:
    Mac (OS X):
    Server issues:

Some of these issues need a threaddump or a memorydump. Some need a log or confirmation that the issue still occurs.
    Game/Launcher issues:
    We thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    For Issue #1045 , I don't have access to the source code and therefore can't do anything more.

Please note that this bug report indicates 2 bugs. The first bug is trying to create a hash set with a negative number of elements. This is like asking for a basket containing a negative number of apples. To find the cause you'd have to examine the code (starting in "common.controller.elements.ElementCollectionManager.updateCollections" and working backwards) to determine where the number of elements came from, so that you can start trying to figure out how it could've become negative. I doubt this will be easy, which implies that the best approach may be to add (e.g.) assertions in places where the number of elements is modified to make it easier to determine the real cause if it happens again.

The second bug is getting an exception and retrying. To understand what I mean, consider this quote:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.​

I'd assume this second bug is easier to fix - just find the "catch" that catches the exception and figure out how "infinite loop of exceptions" is possible; then fix the broken exception handling.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    For Issue #1045 , I don't have access to the source code and therefore can't do anything more.

Please note that this bug report indicates 2 bugs. The first bug is trying to create a hash set with a negative number of elements. This is like asking for a basket containing a negative number of apples. To find the cause you'd have to examine the code (starting in "common.controller.elements.ElementCollectionManager.updateCollections" and working backwards) to determine where the number of elements came from, so that you can start trying to figure out how it could've become negative. I doubt this will be easy, which implies that the best approach may be to add (e.g.) assertions in places where the number of elements is modified to make it easier to determine the real cause if it happens again.

The second bug is getting an exception and retrying. To understand what I mean, consider this quote:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein.​

I'd assume this second bug is easier to fix - just find the "catch" that catches the exception and figure out how "infinite loop of exceptions" is possible; then fix the broken exception handling.
    So you are still having this issue? In this case the full log would have helped a lot since we don't know what happened before you had that.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So you are still having this issue? In this case the full log would have helped a lot since we don't know what happened before you had that.
    It's was just one of the many different problems that happen once and disappear (which most people don't report most of the time).

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I will check on my Issue #631 ,however there is a log that is posted on the bottom of the report. And the update that I gave on the explanation on how to replicate it, I haven't tested on the current build, because we just avoid doing what replicates it on my server.....but, I can see if it still happens.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I've tested mine recently on the mushroom fleet server (where i first found it) and it seems to be fixed. i haven't fallen out of the core in odd gravity changes

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I've tested mine recently on the mushroom fleet server (where i first found it) and it seems to be fixed. i haven't fallen out of the core in odd gravity changes
    Thanks, most likely a fix for a similar bug also fixed your issue. Closed it now.