Important request on the topic of the 100% loading crash

Reaction score
    We have a very old issue in the game which manifests itself in the following way:
    1. You click OK in the game's settings window.
    2. A black screen will appear, featuring a bit of advice, the Schine logo and a progress indicator.
    3. As soon as the loading indicator hits 100%, the game will crash without an error dialog. If it crashes with an error dialog or crashes at another time, please do not post here.
    So far, this issue has only affected Windows 8.* 64bit, because the default Java installation there is broken. This subforums contains countless threads on this matter, but this is not the topic of this thread.

If you hear from anybody about being affected by this bug, or if you are affected yourself, we need your help.

I need you (/ the affected one) to do the following:
    1. Download the new launcher.
    2. Run it.
    3. At the top there is a menu bar. Open Options > Installation Settings.
    4. Below Build Branch there is a dropdown menu. Change its value to DEV.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Update to the latest version.
    7. Click Start Game.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Two things can happen now. If all works well, please state so in a post. After the next public release (will be announced on the site), you can change the build channel back to RELEASE. If the game still crashes, continue with the next step.
    10. Locate the file StarMade\logs\log.txt.0.
    11. Attach it on this thread, or send it to me via private conversation. (The only "private" information there should be your Windows username. In case you don't want it to get public, use the latter option.)
    12. If you want to be of further assistance and abstain from playing the game a little longer, you're done for now (we will need you at a later time for confirmation of a fix). Otherwise continue to the next step.
    13. Uninstall Java.
    14. Install Java (choose a JRE for 64bit).
    15. Your system is fixed, the issue gone away, and I'm out of steps.

Thank you for your time. As our only tester with a Windows 8.1 system was unable to reproduce this by breaking his system ( :P ), we rely on the community here.

Reactions: Lancake
    Reaction score
    1) Install Java

Still don't work? Using a laptop with a separate GPU?

Make SURE you're using the built in graphics, not CPU graphics! Right-click the launcher and select 'Run with graphics processes..." Then Nvida or ATI. This bugged me out for a long ass time. It's called 'duel graphics' and is in my opinion the 'popup ad' of laptop features

Reaction score
    install the newest java and you will be fine
    The entire point is to fix this on our end, because a new user might download the game, realize it crashes, throw it into a corner and never return a again. Clarification: Recent dev versions include a possible fix. This is about finding out if that fix works and if not, if it's still the same error message.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    The entire point is to fix this on our end, because a new user might download the game, realize it crashes, throw it into a corner and never return a again. Clarification: Recent dev versions include a possible fix. This is about finding out if that fix works and if not, if it's still the same error message.
    i was giving a simpler fix
    when i first installed starmade on my laptop it wouldnt run because there was something up with the preinstalled java
    so i just updated java and it works fine now

Reaction score
    THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THIS WORKAROUND. IT IS ABOUT FIXING THE ISSUE ONCE AND FORALL, SO THAT NO WORKAROUND IS NEEDED.
    Please read my posts. :oops:

Reaction score
    THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THIS WORKAROUND. IT IS ABOUT FIXING THE ISSUE ONCE AND FORALL, SO THAT NO WORKAROUND IS NEEDED.
    Please read my posts. :oops:
    people can be so difficult sometimes can't they?
    anyway, I have windows 8.1, and the game hasn't worked in the past. so I tried the dev version. still didn't work. don't have time right now for step 10 ect. will try get you the logs later. in the mean time, at least we know the fix didn't work and can try something else.
    until next time,
    -Lman94