Bug: Invisible, bulletproof pirates - v 0.1401

Reaction score
    23 turrets fired at these two priate ships for a little over 15 minutes until I got bored with the process and deleted the pirates. The pirates took about 5 minutes to come from ~1800m to the point where they sat stationary at 140m for a few minutes. When I flew over to them, because I couldn't see them at any distance, there was nothing there. The "shapes" inside the red diamond are the convergence of AMC shots, not a ship. I can see all the pirate ships as they are rendered at well over 1500m range, even the smallest ones. As I got close, the ships glitched away to a completely different positon, but still invisible and invincible. There are apparently major bugs with graphics and positoning when crossing or approaching somme kind of in-space boundaries, possibly the sector boundaries (but I didn't change sectors). All kinds of objects are impossible to approach because as you get closer, they immediately disappear, reappear somewhere else, and then when you go after them againn, the same thing happens. The only way to deal with them is to delete them.

Again, this is another "new day, lets log in and see what bugs we have". Prior to today, the turrets had no problem shootign down any number of approaching pirate ships, at any speed, and none ever even got within 700m, let alone 150.

Vanilla, multi client, multi player.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    May you try to spawn that Gun_Turret blueprint manual? or by
    /load Gun_Turret

In case it does not show up too, it may be the blueprint it self (small turret maybe, broken chunk, stopped loading but flying at you without thrust in min-speed, i guess it didnt shoot at you?)

- Andy

Reaction score
    No, that MOB blueprint is the game original and only spawned by pirates. It spawns all the time (it\'s spawned today multiple times) it\'s just that every once in a while, invisible/invincible pirates show up.

It MIGHT have something to do with the other invisible ships bugs - or not.

It also might be related to the fairly spastic pirate AI. The pirates will spawn out at about 2km, and they will sit there and jitter and vibrate back and forth, but not move position. Then they slowly start coming in, all the while taking fire. I\'ve gone into build made or my cloaky ship, and gone out to see why they haven\'t exploded, and I don\'t know why. The turrets are hitting them as I can see the hull explosions when the AMCs hit, and these turrets are doing 20K + DPS each, times 4 turrets. The pirates come in to seemingly the edge of the sector, and then teleport all the way across to the other side of the sector. The turrets stop firing, track to the new location, and start firing again. Then the pirate will teleport to the original location, continue slowly coming in, and the turrets track and reacquire the target again. This happens 4 or 5 times before the ship finally explodes, but there is no way they can sustain that kind of DPS - I know, I built some of the pirate ships, yet they are taking damage that would have popped my biggest ship with millions of shields.