Bug: Ghost entities after random ship deletion - v0.1401

Reaction score
    When I logged in first thing, I found another ship had magically been deleted off the docking pad. Two of the turrets were gone, but the third turret was still there along with the small ship that was docked inside the larger ship. Problem is, the ship and the turret aren't there. You can't get in the core of the turret or small ship, you can't shoot it, can't select it and I can't use /destroy_entity. They are just pictures of the entities, but they still prevent any other ship from docking because the game thinks they're still there, the docking area goes red, and I can't build a new docking area because it goes red as soon as they touch the ghost images.

Vanilla server, multi client, multi player.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Use the \'/despawn_all all true\' command to delete the ghost.

You can get the exact ship name by parking a new core in the ghost ship, then going to build mode and trying to add a part to the core, and it will give an error message: \'blocked by \'.

I\'ve had this happen quite a bit with older versions, and it appears to be back in this update as I\'ve needed to do this three times in the last two days for other players on the server I admin in.

Reaction score
    That command is supposed to destroy only the entities that start with the same characters, but it doesn\'t work like that. At the devs suggestion to fix some \"missing file\" problem, his /dewspawn_all MOB command managed to delete every PLAYER ship on the server including just about all the turrets. Including ships that players hadn\'t managed to save yet. Won\'t be using anything like that again thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you specify the exact full ship name, there is only 1 entity it can possibly remove from the database.

I use the /despawn_all MOB to clear pirate ships too, and it will delete player ships, but only because they claimed a destroyed pirate ship and rebuild or redesigned it. The entities name in the database is still the same even after you rename it with a faction module. A good reason not to claim MOB ships on online servers. Salvage them for parts and start you own ships from scratch or spawn in from blueprints instead.

Reaction score
    No, none of the deleted player ships or turrets were renamed pirate ships. They were all original builds.

I SO don\'t want to have to go restore ships and set up ALL the turrets again. Guess I\'ll try the /despawn_all.

Because the ghost ship and turret are on a station, I went into build mode and stacked blocks under it, where it flashed teh ship name, as you stated. Will try the admin command. Right now, however, I\'m stuck inside a planet, courtesy of the still unfixed spawn bug.

Reaction score
    So, I managed to get out of the planet with a relog, ran the command twice - once for the ship, and again for the turret. Each time, it said the command was a success and 1 entity was deleted. They weren\'t deleted though, even after a server and client restart. However, a turret that had just disappeared 3 days ago suddenly reappeared after the restart, but all the other turrets lost their \"current\" block settings. Sigh. Maybe all the ships and turrets will come back :)

Still have the ghost ship/turret bug though.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    can only despawn any ships spawned in MOB tags, that will be the case in spawning pirates, renaming them, or using the same core to build anything else. OR
    In case you use /spawn_mob to create faction encoded ships, those surely get the MOB_ tag and most likely you will rename them to something else, but the filename and database entry will stay with MOB.. =)

This is the way I give out big ships on the testserver (anything above 1.000.000blocks), so I can easily despawn them all together once done with testing. =)

This type of bug is caused when you somehow lost your turrets and flew away.
    Got this a few times, then your turrets were there, but shown far far away (sometimes other sector)
    Not sure why and how this happens, but going in the \'main ship\' and undocking them by name in menu, fixes it.
    In case you get a way to create this on purpose (since it can also happen on chaindocking and high speed traveling in one direction)

- Andy