Buff warhead damage/radius poll [Remastered]

Buff levels (Pick one damage and one radius please)

• No damage buff

Votes: 9 25.7%
    • 20k damage

Votes: 9 25.7%
    • 50k damage

Votes: 1 2.9%
    • 100k damage

Votes: 5 14.3%
    • 200k damage

Votes: 3 8.6%
    • 500k+ damage

Votes: 5 14.3%
    • No radius buff

Votes: 11 31.4%
    • 10 meters

Votes: 11 31.4%
    • 30 meters

Votes: 2 5.7%
    • 20 meters

Votes: 3 8.6%
    • 40 meters

Votes: 1 2.9%
    • 50 meters(why!)+

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    And

Reason

People dont use non-home base stations anymore, partially due to how easy it is to be blown up, but even well built stations can be easily destroyed by a warhead stick.

Reason

The people who know about it aren't really seen much on multiplayer servers using it and people prefer to stick with what they are used to.
    So if this one final bug was fixed would you be open to making non-exploit warheads do more than scratch paint?

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I don't even care about attacking player stations. That's just griefing bullshit; the kind we ALL want to avoid.

I just to use these in some kind of a combat scenario even is only for PVE sorties.
    SB-39E 1.jpg 6 Shot cannon Icon.jpg 100x test 2.gif

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So if this one final bug was fixed would you be open to making non-exploit warheads do more than scratch paint?
    Yes and no.

There is still the issue of neutral warhead prod on a cloaker
    There is still the issue of stations being infinitely more vulnerable to said low effort prod
    Undo/ Redo remains an issue

Of course, if there are other ways, do show me. But right now all I can see is Warhead as a griefing tool.

[doublepost=1492965741,1492965694][/doublepost]
    I don't even care about attacking player stations. That's just griefing bullshit; the kind we ALL want to avoid.

I just to use these in some kind of a combat scenario even is only for PVE sorties.
    View attachment 41360 View attachment 41359 View attachment 41357
    And you are thinking that people do not use it for griefing as the main purpose. Please, this community demonstrates otherwise.

Reactions: Mordrin

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yes and no.

There is still the issue of stations being infinitely more vulnerable to said prod

Of course, if there are other ways, do show me. But right now all I can see is Warhead as a griefing tool.
    [doublepost=1492965741,1492965694][/doublepost]

And you are thinking that people do not use it for griefing as the main purpose. Please, this community demonstrates otherwise.
    Yeah, and that's why I keep pushing people to come up with and AGREE on possible game mechanics to counter these tactics rather than just say things like "warheads are exploitable. we should remove them."

We want them in-game AND fixed.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Yes and no.

There is still the issue of stations being infinitely more vulnerable to said low effort prod

1. On a cloaker thats an issue but I have repeatedly demonstrated with actual ingame testing that its possible to attack something and not provoke aggression with regular weapons as well, despite several people stating otherwise.
    2. Stations are more vulnerable to literally everything, it comes with being stationary.
    3. That is indeed an issue and one that needs to be fixed.
    People do ineed use it soely for griefing, this is ironically because despite a lot of effort on the part of many people warheads are simply too weak to be useful when being used as a legitimate weapon rather than a griefing tool.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ideally Advanced build mode should only be available in a ship yard.
    As for space stations: not sure, maybe make it so that advanced build mode is only available when no enemy is in the sector. Sort of like a red alert lock down or something. When an enemy enters the sector you get kicked out of the build block?

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Ideally Advanced build mode should only be available in a ship yard.
    As for space stations: not sure, maybe make it so that advanced build mode is only available when no enemy is in the sector. Sort of like a red alert lock down or something. When an enemy enters the sector you get kicked out of the build block?
    ...Or maybe build mode triggers a system shutdown similar to rebooting a damaged ship.

Reactions: alterintel

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    1. Please i want to see that "repeatedly demonstrated" stuff you talk, apparently doing the same you say i get diferent feedback.
    ]
    I have literally done it twice since this thread started AND posted instructions on this thread on my exact method.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    People do ineed use it soely for griefing, this is ironically because despite a lot of effort on the part of many people warheads are simply too weak to be useful when being used as a legitimate weapon rather than a griefing tool.
    And buffing it would turn it from a griefing tool into an even better griefing tool.

Reaction score
    idk what you guys are arguing about, its easy to see why warheads are more dangerous when exploited than other guns. they bypass shields. and yes, theyre still easy to exploit, idc what people here think. its an interesting mechanic that cause s a lot more issues than others do when exploited... so yes it needs to be considerd until its "fixed."

any suggestions about guns that dont bypass shields being equally exploitable is laughable; most of us here are experienced enough to know you can exploit them as well, but they still dont share the same mechanics warheads do.

i dont even see them as that big of a deal and im not arguing for their removal, but warheads easily top the list of "weapons" on a ratio of regular use to exploit use.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Less 10 minutes ago ill try what you say again over a pirate station and on this update i get the same results, some pirate ships appear and destroyed the "logic neutral" weapon when the pirate station´s shields reached 0%.

Can you put here in which conditions you did your tests?
    I created a TG owned station using admin commands and used that as my target

Reactions: Arkudo

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Less 10 minutes ago ill try what you say again over a pirate station and on this update i get the same results, some pirate ships appear and destroyed the "logic neutral" weapon when the pirate station´s shields reached 0%.

Can you put here in which conditions you did your tests?
    Pirates are hostile to neutrals