Broken Textures

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Back again, and with more issues.

As the title explains, my textures are hopeless broken. Lights are cannons, the ship core is 30 different things at once, the ice crystals are computers of some sort, plex doors are shield capacitors, and my once black-and-red ship is now red-and-blue. It's hideous. Glass, which use to be transparent, is now also computers.

And it's not that the blocks got all mixed up. If I take a black armor hull and place it, it says it's a black armor hull, but it's red, not black. The lights also still give off light, but they are computers or cannons or something else entirely.

And yes, I'm using the default texture pack, though it doesn't matter which pack I use, as it's always the same thing. I reinstalled the game, with no luck. I used the repair option, no luck. I used Steam's "verify game cache integrity," no luck. So what's up?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I went ahead and captured a few different screens that illustrate the issue.
    And yes, it's in singleplayer.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    RoosterTheRed

That's an out of date texture pack.

Are you sure you are running the latest release version? You can check in the first launcher window by clicking Options, selecting Release in the Build Branch drop down menu and then clicking Update and Install Latest Version.

To re-download the textures only, go to StarMade/data/textures/block/default and delete everything.

Load the launcher and click Options and Repair. Click Search Currently Installed, then Download Normal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Indeed, I was on the current build.

Kupu's fix in regards to deleting the texture files and re-downloading them worked, and my ships are back to normal.

I am greatly appreciative to all help given to me.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    could you tell me from what Version you did update to current release please ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    I to have the exact same graphic glitch. It has happened on and off for months. My game client is always up to date as I play online as well as single player as are my graphics drivers and java. Recently I seemed to have (at least for the moment) resolved the issue by changing to the beta launcher.

The downside to this if you are playing single player is that it is essentially another copy of the game and does not have access to the single player game you had on the normal client. So you would need to dock all of your stuff together and save it as one blueprint, export it and then import it into your new game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    SmilingDemon, I was on the current update, but my textures failed to update, causing the catastrophic upset you see in the screenshots above. I just re-downloaded the game from Steam a week or so ago, so I was on the correct update from the get-go, I believe.