Broken Texture v0.199.169

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The most recent update (v0.199.169) broke some of the textures for 1/4 glass slabs. It can be either regular glass or the crystal armor or glass door block, but either way when they are placed adjacent to other 1/4 slabs that are not glass or crystal armor, they allow you to see right through the other blocks.

an example pictured right here of me looking through glass 1/4 slabs adjacent to some hull/armor blocks that are also 1/4 slabs. As you can see, I (and now you) are able to see right through them to whatever is on the other side.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The most recent update (v0.199.169) broke some of the textures for 1/4 glass slabs. It can be either regular glass or the crystal armor or glass door block, but either way when they are placed adjacent to other 1/4 slabs that are not glass or crystal armor, they allow you to see right through the other blocks.

an example pictured right here of me looking through glass 1/4 slabs adjacent to some hull/armor blocks that are also 1/4 slabs. As you can see, I (and now you) are able to see right through them to whatever is on the other side.
    It's been like this since slabs were released. It's undesired surface culling.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Talking about slabs, some testing showed that if multiple slabs are placed via advanced build mode from a slab item in inventory (i.e. when you are building not from creative mode but normally with slabs in inventory), they dissapear and are not placed.
    Only encountered the problem yesterday but had the same with 2 other players, hence I suspect it might be a bug. Anybody have any experience with this?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Bogdan ... correct ... i guess you placed those slabs in imvemtory with an admin command.
    If you could optain those slabs in game through gameplay than that is a bug ... otherwise that is correct because its not how slabs work.

basically .. not a bug .. you are doing it wrong :P