Bottleneck issues and Instant Shift Registers

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I am facing a curious problem. I use a shift register and give it a 0.5sec input using a clock. The problem arises when there I spawn (say) a large ship, which causes a bit of lag. The shift register freezes up, and I have to manually reset it. I believe this occurs because the clock freezes and gives the shift register an input a while later, which it doesn't completely accept.

Is there a way to make an easy 'instant' shift register?
    Also, is it possible to have localized lags on a structure?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    i would suggest to use full S/R latches on the Flip Flops. that way you should not need the delay blocks.
    instead of the delays you can then use the alternating on off signals from your clock to switch through the flip flops.
    starmade-screenshot-0021.png
    hard to explain how i connected all these ^^ so i just added a template containing the two circuits.
    these are lag resistant and work even at a signal rate of more than 0.5s/signal but require two clean alternating signals.

I don't think that anything faster than what can be acomplished by two facing rails with activation modules would work.

Attachments

Last edited:

PainNigouto

Emperor/Toymaker
    Reaction score
    for this exact reason i use a pulse-filter on my shift-detectors
    basicly, if an input signal was given within 0,5 seconds after the previous, both signals will stop and the machine will do nothing

Reactions: Arcaner