Borg Cube

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Interior is in progress. Imagine people invading this and thinking \"They have charging stations too?! How long did this take to build!?\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The parts of the interior that are already complete have had their lights replaced with green and in a bit less concentration, making the interior a bit dimmer. The Borg charging sector will be done in a few hours and power cores will be scattered about the interior. Also, if schema adds handheld weapons to the game, the rest of the interior will be a maze of corridors to confuse invaders that try to take it from the inside.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I finally finished the axis which I was planning to finish in one day has taken 3 due to technical difficulties. I started with a 6km one which failied miserably because the game engine coudn\'t handle it. The 3km one which I made a post about before failed miserably aswell due to bugs and crashes and the impatience of me wanting to let it render. I tried a 2km one which also failed miserably. Then I came down to a 1km one which beside a few bugs and crashes is berable and fits into my budget nicely. Here is a screne shot and if you squint hard enough you might beable to see it.I will proberly make this mostly powerful with decoration on the outside. Any ideas for weapons?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What I suggest is having a bunch of power drain beams and salvage cannons focused toward the center (because those weapons don\'t aim) and keep the missiles and antimatter cannons on the outer edges. Also, make the cannons and lasers superconcentrated but spread out sort of

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks guys and/or girls for the ideas, I initally didn\'t know powerdrain beams existed. This makes the plans for the Borg cube hole. But first I need to get past the frame, then the walls. Il post a picture in two days, maybe one if it decides to load on time because I really dont want to count 500 blocks each way.

Edit: Dont expect my cube to be cheap. If my calculations are correct I should have after the cube is made to have over 2 billion to decorate and power up the ship, which I will try use all of it.

P.S. It will be a hard ship to fly, not the part its going to be extremly heavy the fact is that if you hit anything in your path you will imediatly stop, which sucks but such as life.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Should also consider throwing down turrets every now and then. Might be able to get away with one turret every 100m or so, but I\'m not sure how the engine would like that much AI :P

End up with more turrets than you\'ll ever have enemies, no doubt.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Work on my cube will be stalled over the weekend not only for the Fourth of July, but also for a family reunion that same weekend. If I can, I will try and beg my uncle to let me use his computer for this project and work on it when we are not swimming in his pool

Reaction score
    Looks sweet. i made a cube back in the day. long time ago. before the power changes, before the first texture change. http://star-made.org/content/my-first-project but i like what you did with yours. the randomness of the hull placement. it looks better in a lot of ways. i would suggest though that you put the lights not on the outside but under a overhang of one of the hulls. you still get the green glow and it goes further, (and looks better) than just slapping them all over the place. but yeah. check out what i did, and then check out some of my other ships i made. (same link)

also on a side note. . . weapons fire through hull. do yourself a favor and cover up the cannons. with mine i also only have one cannon (HUUUUUUUUGE) because trying to hit someone with cannons that are spaced out 50 blocks is somewhat difficult.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I will bring down the wrath of many gods on my self but...

What about a Borg Sphere?

Reaction score
    did that too. very fun. but very difficult for optimized power distribution. link from my comment above.

Reaction score
    I should let you know someone else is trying to take credit for making this.

No More Messages

06:55Blagomery

Heres the screenshot

06:55maxmaxbax

link?

06:55Blagomery

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xqfdk8Erp7Q/Ud6SXlmMSHI/AAAAAAAAACY/NaARdlKYeW4/w500-h282-no/tumblr_mp6rehAjXa1sq4mfro1_500.png

06:56maxmaxbax

i know those things are hollow

06:56Blagomery

they\'re not

you stole that image to

06:56Blagomery

i spend 10 days building that

http://star-made.org/content/borg-cube-0

06:57Blagomery

yes i copyed the design

06:57maxmaxbax

its the exaxt same fucking picture

exact\"

He got off after.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It sucks. It\'s a web design nightmare. It uses forums rather than a system designed to share blueprints. It is not a \'pioneer\' or \'premier\' site as you claimed according to your reddit post. It is a disaster and if you intend to make it into a good community for sharing blueprints, I suggest two things:

1) Fix your functionality and layout.

2) Stop spamming the community. Let them know once per site, and if they decide it\'s good, they\'ll make it good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A bit harsh man although I you are right one some asspects you haven\'t taken in every possiblyity that are:

1. He could have just gotten it up and still hasn\'t finished it

2. He could be new at it

3. It is very hard at times to get noticed and on these forums there isn\'t really an advertising place or anything for it.

4. How about you try doing better in the same amount of time instead of just raging at him?