Bootleg Ships Thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Bootleg.png Hiya, everyone! It's-a me, Harry Potter Obama Markus 10!

As JonTron once elegantly put it, "With every big fish, there's a leech on the belly!" Counterfeit goods are sold at flea markets, shady stores, and secondhand goods websites everywhere. Some people actively seek out and collect these fake products, while others are duped into buying these lookalike products. Space is no different; blueprints get copied and remixed all the time, and not always for the better.

Pirates copy blueprints all the time. However, since they have to steal the supplies they need, they often have to take shortcuts when it comes to recreating a ship. Corners get cut, materials are substituted, and some parts are removed altogether. It makes sense that a Pirate's ship would be a pirated copy.

(You see what I did there?)

What I'm proposing is a Bootleg Ships Thread. Here's some suggestions:

Create a bootleg of an existing ship (preferably one of your own or with the creator's permission). The bootleg one has to look similar to the first, but it also needs to have some distinguishing features (y'know, to avoid lawsuits). What do I mean? Just take a look at my good friend "Pigachu" here.

Submit a bizarre amalgamation of other ships; the more outlandish, the better. This one, I'll leave to your imagination, but here's a picture for inspiration.

Make all text on your ship into a poorly-translated riot!

...But yeah, go wild! Will you make a bootleg so bad that even China would blush? Will you end up making something strangely awesome?

My only request is for every ship submission to have a download link (Comments don't need one).

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    The word is being spread.

And ignore the screechy barn owl there.