Bobby AI suggested behavior changes

Reaction score
    I would like to recommend some changes to bobby behavior.

The current behavior of bobbys when entering the core of their barrel is to switch them off. If you are in a large battle in a very large ship defense turrets are needed. To take manual control of a turret you can easily switch from one to another leaving every single one you pass through off. This can be an utter disaster mid battle.

Please change this behavior. A bobby should be off when placed but once turned on it should stay on unless you explicitly turn it off. This would prevent the constant annoyance of having to make sure the Bobbys you turned on are still on and would also allow the really cool feature of transferring into a booby controlled ship or turret and watching it do its thing from the drivers seat.

If this is done there is a new feature I would like to see added. Bobbys should count as weapons. They should also be among the weapons that auto assign if you have that option turned on. Once in the core of a turret barrel i want to see the bobby in the hotbar. This would make turning the Bobby on and off from the core seat as easy as entering its number and clicking the mouse.

I believe this would make Bobbys more useful and a lot more fun.