Bobby AI Modules useless now?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Ever since the fleet update it would seem that all ships now have full AI capabilities regardless of weather or not they have a Bobby AI Module installed.

So I was wondering does this mean that Bobby AIs are going to be fazed out soon or was this just an unintended feature accidentally left in?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Whilst a ship has full AI capacity when in a fleet, I believe if they're not in a fleet, Bobby AI is still useful (not sure why you'd want that though)

Also, the AI module is still useful on turrets, so removing them would make all of our turrets useless and manual only

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Whilst a ship has full AI capacity when in a fleet, I believe if they're not in a fleet, Bobby AI is still useful (not sure why you'd want that though)

Also, the AI module is still useful on turrets, so removing them would make all of our turrets useless and manual only
    i did some tests on ships that don't hav a bobby AI and I can activate their AI settings as if they did have a Bobby AI module. Same goes for turrets.

I wonder if this feature was accidentally left in to the release version of the update because it would make sense to temporarily take out this step for debug purposes and add it back in for release.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    How interesting, yes I would flag that as an error, either that the block is still there, or that the functions work without the block

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It is likely an error of some kind. Would make more sense we needed an AI module or a NPC Crew member in the core to pilot the ship. Also we still need the AI module for ships and other things outside of fleets. :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'd just include them in builds regardless.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Fleet release notes specifically state that Bobby AI is not needed.
    That does not sound like a bug to me.
    I would bet this is simply a placeholder until NPCs are implemented.