Blueprinttype Converter

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    not quite sure how to use this
    I convert a station blueprint into a ship. it says complete goes to something like ship_Benefaction, then i put it in the exported folder of starmade yet its not in my catalog for some reason. am i doing something wrong?
    (ignore that, just realised how to use it)

Reaction score
    I could not make your program work, so I figured out how to do it myself. I need to manually place a core without it spawning a ship, or requiring a ship to be placed. I can currently fly the "ship", will not say how for game integrity, but I will say it involves a custom block which does me no good on a public server. Is there a way to break the script for the ship cores on my personal server so I can place them like block? This will not let me move the core of course, but I just need put item 1 where it belongs so my blueprint is "legit".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I could not make your program work, so I figured out how to do it myself. I need to manually place a core without it spawning a ship, or requiring a ship to be placed. I can currently fly the "ship", will not say how for game integrity, but I will say it involves a custom block which does me no good on a public server. Is there a way to break the script for the ship cores on my personal server so I can place them like block? This will not let me move the core of course, but I just need put item 1 where it belongs so my blueprint is "legit".
    say you took a base and made it into a ship. Go to navigation find the ship. Go to the the very centre (where the navigation says 1m away from you), delete the block there and replace with a build block. Add thrusters (and if needed power). You have your moving base.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Which program are you talking about exactly?
    The converter itself isn't supposed to place a core.

Reaction score
    Which one is not important, as nothing I found worked, and I've made my own block as a build block does not controll weapons jump drives, ect. The most important thing is somehow stopping the ship core spawn function and making the core a placeable block. Once that is accomplished, the ship will be a legit ship, uploadable to a server in blueprint form. I don't want a movable station, that would be silly. #1 if you tried to convert to have a moving station, its not a station, it is a really slow ship that looks like a station, controlled by a build block. #2 if you could make an actual station move, you might as well stop building ships becuase faction homes are invincible.

I thought I would ask here, as you did make a program to maniplulate the files, but it is only usefull at home or on servers that allow station uploads, and custom blocks. The admins on my server are verry active, and I would bet my ship would not only draw attention, but cause issues if it is being controlled by a build block. My logic is my custom block is not availible on the server, so the blueprint is useless online without a core insterted.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the fast replies as well! I was on break at work and forgot to thank you for the development and hard work you put in on your app. It looks very nice and I'm sure its just my specific use of it or pilot error that has hindered it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Is it possible to make (Obviously small) ships into asteroids? I would love to have ship graveyards.....

Reaction score
    IDK if this program has stayed current. i see everything posted was from apr2014. Currently all ships are an .ent file and blueprints for ships include many different files that are .smd2 and .smbph. i dont see that anywhere in the program. or is there something else out that would help me convert ships .obj in to stations to save?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    IDK if this program has stayed current. i see everything posted was from apr2014. Currently all ships are an .ent file and blueprints for ships include many different files that are .smd2 and .smbph. i dont see that anywhere in the program. or is there something else out that would help me convert ships .obj in to stations to save?
    You have to export the blueprint as a .Sment file, the Ship Catalog Manager (found on the launcher screen with all the settings, under Tools at the top) is the way to get those.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You have to export the blueprint as a .Sment file, the Ship Catalog Manager (found on the launcher screen with all the settings, under Tools at the top) is the way to get those.
    It is also possible to select the folder of the blueprint within the blueprints folder of the game's installation.

Raw ent files aren't converted, as some ent files contain (currently, outside the game) unparsable serialized tags.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Out of interest, where does the core get placed in a station to ship conversion, is it defined? (what i really want to know is if I can use this as a round-about way of moving my core without copy pasta-ing. I got a lot of docked entities (doors etc) I would like to avoid re docking if at all possible)

I may have misunderstood how this works entirely :/