Blueprints not functioning

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I haven't played for a very long time (my last time playing was back in 2014), but I want to get back into it. I wanted to use my old ships again, as I had a massive fleet of absolutely massive ships that represent a large amount of time spent in the game. However, the game has changed significantly since I last played, and I'm not sure I can use my old ship blueprints.

The old blueprints are all simple folders, rather than the usual .sment files everyone uses these days. I should note that I changed computers, and when I dragged/dropped the folders of the ships into the blueprints file, the catalog simply doesn't recognize their existence.

Is there a way to still use my old ships, or do they absolutely have to be .sment files? If so, can I convert them somehow? Or am I going to have to rebuild my entire fleet from memory?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    You can convert them in the launcher.
    Under 'tools', 'ship catalog manager', import option.
    Should change the file into a .sment, I believe. ^^'

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I tried the import option, but for some reason, it still doesn't import the file. Doing so simply opens folders and whatnot.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    A sment is simply a zip of the folder of the blueprint, with a fancy filename suffix. just zip the blueprint folder, and rename the file to a sment, then import it.