blueprint?

Reaction score
    I loaded a blueprint, but thee are also some included in the catalog
    After loading a complet ship 1was in front of shop placed and my 50.0000credits are not touched.

The blueprint was free ( the cost of the
    blueprint ? )
    Strange that i get a ship 1 for free ?
    Then i tried to load a second blueprintt from the standard catalog ..but no ship 2 to see?
    i don't know also how i can enter ship 1 one ..and it seems that i must buy first the blocks in the shop to build this ship ..that seems to me logical
    How i can rid of ship 1 one what seems to be only a 3d picture of the ship? ..strange..if i do wanto see a picture it can be shown in the catalog ?
    Ship 1 is outside the shop ..i must now buy the parts and then i can go in ?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, if I read that correctly (I'm assuming english is not your primary language?):

1) Blueprints are free, they do not cost credits. You are correct though that you must provide the blocks to build the ship with in most cases.
    2) If you are on a server, it is likely that they give you a free filled blueprint (one that already has the blocks in it).
    3) The first ship should be "real" in that it actually spawned in if you can see it. You will have to float over to where it spawned, find the entrance, and find the Core block and hit R on it to enter the core before you can control the ship.

Reaction score
    Thanks for explanation! ( i am from Holland )
    It means that i do now get a whole ship for free (ws bombini mk1 1.3)
    This ship was not in the standard catalog..i downloaded it here from the forum

Who is paying the bill for this free ship

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It seems that i not can enter this ship ws bombini mk1 1.3.. (makes sense, because getting a whole free ship for nothing !) ..is it just a showmodel ?
    Or do i miss something ?
    I am forced to use a ship made by someone else, because constructing a ship as starter is difficult .
    Is there no workshop to learn to build ships in Starmade ?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Reaction score

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can not find the first ship tutorial ? ..it is the same link StarMade.Build.Instructions
    Yeah, those first two links are the same.

Disassemble block -by -block ..how must that be done to keep oversight of the shipstructure?
    Well, you can use advanced mode to remove entire slices of the ship (E.g. setting the Y and Z sliders in advanced build mode to the maximum), and then use the undo button to bring it back. Seeing a cross-section by removing a slice might be more useful than removing a single block. Also, in build mode, you can dive into the ship's structure to see links between computers and system blocks, or to see links between logic. Generally, a block can be selected with "C". This will highlight the selected block with an amber highlight. Any blocks slaved to the selected block will be highlighted in purple.

Reaction score
    I don't know on how many ways a shipentrance can be possible ?.. its hard to find how to enter a ship sometimes.
    As i understand there no written manual for building with the blocks all the objects in Starmade ( what objects can be made ? )
    I entered a online sever with ships to use there outside the shop..probably i must frst contact people there before i can use a ship ?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I don't know on how many ways a shipentrance can be possible ?.. its hard to find how to enter a ship sometimes.
    As i understand there no written manual for building with the blocks all the objects in Starmade ( what objects can be made ? )
    I entered a online sever with ships to use there outside the shop..probably i must frst contact people there before i can use a ship ?
    Ik spreek nederlands. Mss is het zo gemakelijker om vragon te stellen. (I speak Dutch. Maybe it's easier to ask questions like this)

Reaction score
    Hallo Maarten!
    He he gewoon in het Nederlands..
    Ik probeer een start te maken in starmade .. bouwen van objecten.. en starten op een online server.
    Heb jij hier ervaring mee ?..o.. ik zie nu net dat je van alles bouwt
    Hoe moet je dit aanpakken als je een ship wilt bouwen ?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I start to build my first ship ..and flew to a planet..it is a slow learning
    Ooh something went wrong i do miss a powergenerator ..a total of 1470 e/s

Attachments

Reaction score
    Hallo Maarten!
    He he gewoon in het Nederlands..
    Ik probeer een start te maken in starmade .. bouwen van objecten.. en starten op een online server.
    Heb jij hier ervaring mee ?..o.. ik zie nu net dat je van alles bouwt
    Hoe moet je dit aanpakken als je een ship wilt bouwen ?
    Wel, ik zou zeggen: ga niet onmiddellijk op een online server. Spendeer je eerste dagen in single player, geraak gewend aan het spel en ga dan online. Zo niet zullen piraten en eventueel andere spelers je afmaken.
    Als je toch online gaat: ga zo snel mogelijk bij een faction! Desnoods maak je er zelf tijdelijk een aan. Hierdoor kun je faction modules op je ship plaatsen, waardoor andere spelers je ship niet kunnen stelen. En geloof me, ik spreek uit ervaring.
    Wat het bouwen van shepen betreft: wil je een tutorial over het opbouwen of wil je tips hoe je je ship kan decoreren?

Reaction score
    Hallo Maarten!
    Lees ik zo af en toe dat voor een beginner op een online server met andere spelers .. je kan worden aangevallen en worden afgemaakt.. niet echt fun he.
    Goede tips om starten geef je!
    Een tutorial over het opbouwen van een schip zou heel mooi zijn als je die hebt en dan later die tips om je schip te decoreren zou ook heel goed te gebruiken zijn.
    Heb al wat bekeken op youtube en ander studiemateriaal via internet, maar een algemene aanpak zou goed kunnen zijn.

Reaction score
    Een ship bestaat uit 6 belangrijke delen: kern en computers, bepantsering, motoren, energie, wapens en schilden.
    een hulp voor het bouwen kan zijn om in de server.cnf op zoek te gaan naar MaxBuildCount en de 10 te vervangen door 50 of honderd, afhankelijk van hoe sterk je computer is.
    de core en computers zijn het belangrijkste deel van je ship. Begin dus met een cockpit te bouwen op middelgrote en grote schepen. Op kleine schepen kan je de computers best inpakken in een dikke laag bepantsering.
    wapens worden aan deze computers verbonden door de computer eerst te selecteren door erop te richten en op c te drukken. Alle overeenkomstige modules die je dan plaatst worden automatisch verbonden. Vergeet niet dat een groep van aaneengesloten modules voor een projectiel zorgt. Stel dat je honderd modules hebt in 2 groepen van 50, zal je twee projectielen hebben. De projectielen zullen altijd in de richting dat de computer staat vuren.
    de wapens moeten natuurlijk door energie bevoorraad worden. Deze wordt aangemaakt door power reactors en opgeslagen in power capacitors. Voor het grootste resultaat kun je de modules best in rechte lijnen plaatsen. Pas dus op dat de lijnen niet meer dan een keer snijden.
    Thrusters worden mmestal achteraan geplaatst, maar dat is niet noodzakelijk. Thrusters zorgen voor beweging en draaiing. Door naar de modules te richten en op r te drukken kan je bepalen hoeveel modules aan elke beweging worden besteed.
    schilden zijn je eerste bescherming tegen schade. Ze werken net zo als power reactors en capacitors maar kunnen op eender welke manier geplaatst worden. Kunnen best lege ruimtes opvullen.
    bepantsering is je laatste stelling. Houd je schip in een stuk, maar kan ook gedecoreerd worden.
    deze tutorial was langer dan ik had gedacht. Ik hoopdat ze helpt!

Reaction score
    Maarten dank je wel voor deze tutorial met al deze tips!
    Heb weer meer inzicht gekregen om met het bouwen van een schip te beginnen.