Blood and Steel Season 3

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Big thank you to all who have submitted so far, i'll be releasing a trailer and a current submission count soon. Really looking forward to what looks like it will be a great tournament! Also, for those that missed it, the tournament will be the weekend of AUG 27-28th this year due to scheduling stuff with saber.

Reactions: Gonzalo

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    24 hours left until submission deadline, replacement ship missing entire interior, multiple features, has no thrust or passive systems and about 20% of exterior missing...

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Funny rating on the cube (which I'm going to call the official Syndicus Entry from here on out), because there's no "oh dear god please no" rating

Blobs be gentle

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    the more ships I see, the more excited I get

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Aaaand I have finally submitted the final version of the ship. There's nothing absolutely critical left for me to fix, repair, or improve anymore - thank god. At least, I don't think so. Watch me think of something I need to fix a week after the submission deadline.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    BTW y'all, you have one more week to submit, sorry about all that, but yeah, you have a little longer.

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Sucks to be pushed back again but recent patches probably broke quite a few ships :/
    Had to happen given the timing imo

Reaction score
    Seeing as we have another week...

There's a group of us who already put together individual entries...could we put a group team entry together as well?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Can't have a person in the tournament twice, what if the individual entry fights the team entry? Sorry mate, can't do it.

Az14el

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    *audible relief*
    IKR

Ahh well, was a case of peoples interest suddenly building when our 12k stuff was almost done, ty Eze for asking here was wondering how "legal" that would be myself.

Also that'd make it 11:59pm 23rd August 2016 EST right? or still to be advised?

Last edited:

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Highly prototype, Featuring a mix of things.

It even has a party trick involving its turrets!
    [doublepost=1471349012,1471348198][/doublepost]
    Yup, and im that cunt that nobody likes in the cube ship
    Oh, funny story, those warheads of yours are useless VS my ship this year because its got lots of smaller B-C-OD. The moment sector protection drops, you'll get a few holes in your ship from them being tagged and destroyed :D
    (I put them on SPECIFICALLY to counter anyone who might use Warhead swarms to bypass the enemy shields... They deal OK damage to ships too so this will be fun to see them completely counter your warheads and begin scorching your hulls and systems :P)

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Oh, funny story, those warheads of yours are useless VS my ship this year because its got lots of smaller B-C-OD. The moment sector protection drops, you'll get a few holes in your ship from them being tagged and destroyed
    (I put them on SPECIFICALLY to counter anyone who might use Warhead swarms to bypass the enemy shields... They deal OK damage to ships too so this will be fun to see them completely counter your warheads and begin scorching your hulls and systems )

thats why theyre mounted away from the main hull so if theyre hit it just blows off the launch rack

Also Raiben the battle will take place on 27-28th August with this new submission deadline?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yes, that's correct Blobfscrazy It's been the deadline for a while now, but we've not been able to really push stuff out for a while. However, yes, the tournament will be the 27-28th

23rd is submission deadline

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, that's correct Blobfscrazy It's been the deadline for a while now, but we've not been able to really push stuff out for a while. However, yes, the tournament will be the 27-28th

23rd is submission deadline
    Hey,
    I think there is a trouble with the tournament max speed. With max overdrive, THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT = 120 allow for a real max speed of 450 =DD

Since it's a big difference with the previous tournament (max speed was 300 back there if I remember well) I wonder if it's a mistake?

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Hey,
    I think there is a trouble with the tournament max speed. With max overdrive, THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT = 120 allow for a real max speed of 450 =DD

Since it's a big difference with the previous tournament (max speed was 300 back there if I remember well) I wonder if it's a mistake?
    Doubt it.

450 isn't a bad speed limit, and I've been seeing servers that allow players to fly that fast easily. 120/450 is a pretty good compromise, unless you're suggesting lowering the speed limit, which in turn would nerf the hell out of missiles.