Blood and Steel Season 3

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Edit:
    Alright guys, here is the deal. Saber is moving this weekend, and it turns out, I'm very sick. I don't want to blow this up out of proportion, but.. this is going to be a long process and it's going to suck. for the next 2 weeks, I'll be going through a pre-treatment, and then later I'll be
    going through a relatively rough treatment. However, we're looking at that window between the two times to re-schedule.

The plan at the moment is to wait 2 weeks, and have the tournament on the 10th and 11th. I'm terribly sorry for being so late on telling you, but I just got the news of what's going to be going on today.

Again, really sorry. I'll keep you posted, and in the meantime, I hope you guys can spread the word and hopefully we can make the tournament the biggest yet.

Thank you for your time.

Hello everyone! Sorry for being so incredibly late with this, but, here are the details for Blood and Steel Season 3!

First off, the date has been changed, due to Saber moving, and both of our personal lives kicking into high gear, we have had to change the date to August 20-21 with a possible set back date of 27-28 pending IRL situations (this will become clearer in the next 2 days or so).

The rules haven't changed much, so that should help y'all out, but here is the breakdown:

-Anyone from any server may participate

-12,000 mass between you and your teammates (including all drones, turrets etc)

-Minimum 1 person per team but as many as you want above that

-Speed will be 120 m/s

-AI targeting will be set to 300.

-Fighting in a 12km locked sector

-Ships must be submitted at the latest by Tuesday 1159 pm EST 16AUG2016, no alterations after that.

-Multiple ships must be attached to a frame when sending me the blueprints, frame mass will not be included in your mass.

-Ships will be reviewed on the basis of detailing, stats, size, and potential for teamwork before the fight

-Tournament will be held on the Shattered Skies server on Saturday 20AUG2016-Sunday 21AUG2016.

-I will need your IGN and all team participants IGN’s (include a team name if you like)

-StarMade Authentication will be on

-Send in a picture of your ships with your submission

-if your ship crashes the server, you will automatically forfeit

-All participants will be provided with a sniper rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, torch, and build inhibitor.

There are no other rules

Send your ships to [email protected]

Fight well my friends.

See you Starside. ;D

Stay tuned for further updates.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Olxinos
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    wondering because of the detailed listing of our supplies, what is the winning condition for a fight?
    enemy ships overheat or kill the player?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Drakkart when the enemy team can no longer fight, or fight in a reasonable time, you win. that's all.

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Great news, it's give us some extra-time.

wondering because of the detailed listing of our supplies
    Hahaha, for the record, that adds cause of me and my stupid spammed questions. :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Please participate.

Everyone welcome unless you're unable to build a 12k mass ship before 16 august. It's freaking easy!
    Who else plan to participate? (I plan)

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    I plan to participate too, but I think his question has to do with his ban on shattered skies :p

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I might participate. But the ship i'm building is going to be very close to the 12k mass limit if not over so i might not. Shame cuz its a bloody nice looking thing and a though little gunboat as well. Full interior and all, i'm too involved in it to start building another one. I'm already at 5k mass and have only the main weapon systems in and shape is basichull at the moment so...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I might participate. But the ship i'm building is going to be very close to the 12k mass limit if not over so i might not. Shame cuz its a bloody nice looking thing and a though little gunboat as well. Full interior and all, i'm too involved in it to start building another one. I'm already at 5k mass and have only the main weapon systems in and shape is basichull at the moment so...

By looking at it I think it has the right dimensions.
    5k mass with only interior + hull + main weapons sounds reasonable. You don't need to fill everything. If you feel confident enough with your DPS output, just add power/shields/thrust (scanners are good if you need any targeting, jammer is good no matter what) until you reach 12k mass. Also my personal advice: nothing heavier than basic hull, it'll just make your block count lower compared to other competitors because the limit is on mass!

Edit: Check my own 12k mass ship (It's ready for tournament since I was preparing it for 5th july submission. I think it's about the same class)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I guess I'll reiterate, Anyone from any server may participate, if you cause trouble during the show, or cause issues during the run-up etc, that may disqualify you, but again, "Anyone from any server may participate" assuming you follow the rules.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    By looking at it I think it has the right dimensions.
    5k mass with only interior + hull + main weapons sounds reasonable. You don't need to fill everything. If you feel confident enough with your DPS output, just add power/shields/thrust (scanners are good if you need any targeting, jammer is good no matter what) until you reach 12k mass. Also my personal advice: nothing heavier than basic hull, it'll just make your block count lower compared to other competitors because the limit is on mass!

Edit: Check my own 12k mass ship (It's ready for tournament since I was preparing it for 5th july submission. I think it's about the same class)
    Hope my ship will do mass wise. I'd love to pit it against yours, it looks good. Shame i'll have to make some holes in it :P

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Hello everyone! Sorry for being so incredibly late with this, but, here are the details for Blood and Steel Season 3!

First off, the date has been changed, due to Saber moving, and both of our personal lives kicking into high gear, we have had to change the date to August 20-21 with a possible set back date of 27-28 pending IRL situations (this will become clearer in the next 2 days or so).

The rules haven't changed much, so that should help y'all out, but here is the breakdown:

-Anyone from any server may participate

-12,000 mass between you and your teammates (including all drones, turrets etc)

-Minimum 1 person per team but as many as you want above that

-Speed will be 120 m/s

-AI targeting will be set to 300.

-Fighting in a 12km locked sector

-Ships must be submitted at the latest by Tuesday 1159 pm EST 16AUG2016, no alterations after that.

-Multiple ships must be attached to a frame when sending me the blueprints, frame mass will not be included in your mass.

-Ships will be reviewed on the basis of detailing, stats, size, and potential for teamwork before the fight

-Tournament will be held on the Shattered Skies server on Saturday 20AUG2016-Sunday 21AUG2016.

-I will need your IGN and all team participants IGN’s (include a team name if you like)

-StarMade Authentication will be on

-Send in a picture of your ships with your submission

-if your ship crashes the server, you will automatically forfeit

-All participants will be provided with a sniper rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, torch, and build inhibitor.

There are no other rules

Send your ships to [email protected]

Fight well my friends.

See you Starside. ;D

Stay tuned for further updates.
    No grapple beam?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'm in this time too. Ship's almost ready.

Let's see if I can shoot off Herr_Colonel's main guns off again~

Reactions: HerrColonel
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm in this time too. Ship's almost ready.

Let's see if I can shoot off Herr_Colonel's main guns off again~
    Wonder why people think my main guns are vulnerable. Maybe because of our terrible human mistake back in 1st tournament xD. But as in last year's BnS I'm confident they bravely remain

Last edited:
    Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hum... having some troubles with my turret design... Missile + beam 220 each = nearly 2 million power for ONE shot !!! I wanted to make them self sufficient...

Of course my turrets can be manned or AI controlled. Hence the "cockpit".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hum... having some troubles with my turret design... Missile + beam 220 each = nearly 2 million power for ONE shot !!! I wanted to make them self sufficient...

Of course my turrets can be manned or AI controlled. Hence the "cockpit".
    Yeah but since mis/beam has so big cooldown you should be fine with 50k regen per sec and enough capacity, think it could fit in your base

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    since guthris yesterday announced the closing of the starside server and it not showing up in the server list anymore i guess this also means the tournament is canceled as well?