Bug Blocks suddenly reoriented after recent release

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Upon loading the 5/10/15 update, I found a number of blocks reversed their set orientation. These blocks are the gravity block, scanner computer, jump drive computer, the decorative blocks (though it is only noticeable on the personal computer block), and all of the effect computers. Therefore, when I am standing in my ship looking at one of these blocks, I am looking at its rear texture and not its front.

Is this a bug or do I need to remove these blocks and reorient? Of course if I did that, the problem would remain that the gravity block's "front" points to the left rather than down (even though it points left, when I activate it I will still go down.

I have reinstalled Starmade, reinstalled the release, deleted my server.cfg and settings.cfg, and yet the problem continues. When I return to the pre 5/10/15, the blocks are correctly oriented.

Any advice?

Reaction score
    I have noticed it on some blocks as well. It only seems to be the texture that is wrong though. Everything still works fine, it just doesn't look good.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    The problem is that the texture mapping of these blocks have been misplaced in the first place and have been corrected in the latest patches.
    (aside from a few that still are on the wrong side or in the wrong orientation and are in need of fixing)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The problem is that the texture mapping of these blocks have been misplaced in the first place and have been corrected in the latest patches.
    (aside from a few that still are on the wrong side or in the wrong orientation and are in need of fixing)
    Does this mean I should accept this bug for now and endure until the next release fixes it?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    No .. it mostlikely means you have to place those blocks new. There was a mapping problem that was fixed (if i got that right not entirely fixed)
    and if you have placed blocks that have been affected by the bug they may now show up wrong (because they are now showing correctly and your placement is off for them).

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We used to be able to rotate blocks with tab 3 and 4 to change the orientation without breaking connections but that seems to have been removed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I have been placing my jump drive, scanners, and effect computers anew. When I place then, the directional placement arrow in advanced build mode points towards the front of the ship whenever I am placing one of those computers so its screen faces me when I am standing behind it. This is how the weapons computers have been placed ever since the computer blocks determined the direction the weapons fired. But this is new for the effect computers as my memory serves. Which way does the placement arrow point when you guys put an effect computer block down in front of you (and your ship's front also being in front of you)?

Of course the problem with the gravity unit block remains. The art detail on the block points to the right when I place the block in front of me with the placement arrow also pointing down. How should I fix this?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    So I have been placing my jump drive, scanners, and effect computers anew. When I place then, the directional placement arrow in advanced build mode points towards the front of the ship whenever I am placing one of those computers so its screen faces me when I am standing behind it. This is how the weapons computers have been placed ever since the computer blocks determined the direction the weapons fired. But this is new for the effect computers as my memory serves. Which way does the placement arrow point when you guys put an effect computer block down in front of you (and your ship's front also being in front of you)?

Of course the problem with the gravity unit block remains. The art detail on the block points to the right when I place the block in front of me with the placement arrow also pointing down. How should I fix this?
    There is a setting that allows you to preview blocks you are placing, I highly recommend it. As for the gravity modules the top and bottom texture appear to be correct so just make sure you are using those accordingly.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Orientation of tertiary effect blocks doesnt matter. Just place them as you like them best.