Bug Blocks disappear when using ADV building mode

Reaction score
    Blocks disappear when using ADV building mode, when ever time I try using ADV building mode.

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    May you please explain what exactly happens with disappearing?

Are they going invisible and come back on exiting adv. build mode, or do they disappear permanently?

Checked the logs:
    So far there seems a collision between:

good 4_1400048091452
    and
    Arrowwolf_1400400021262
    in sector 2 2 2

And you got high draw-times.

You already disabled shadows and procedural background.
    May you try increasing 'max drawn segments' from 750 to 2000?
    And if possible assign more ram to the game. (First launcher -> options -> memory settings)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen

Other Notes:
    Last version of dev build (..235417)causes major issues with placing tetra and penta blocks after 20000 blocks placing tetra or
    penta blocks in certain locations will cause entire sections of ship to vanish (still can place and interact with blocks but they
    are invisible)the only way to avoid is to not use those blocks or remove the last block that you placed after the ship vanished
    (though it will be next to impossible when the ship is invisible)Have yet to test with latest patch.

(edit) This was sent Via bug report without the gif... This is the latest build in this gif... so I guess the problem wasn't fixed...

Reaction score
    ghettodexter: Please don't highjack other people's threads like that. Since the OP didn't describe their issue in detail, this may be a totally different bug.

Also, your issue is already known as issue#160.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I mean that they invisible and do not comeback until I exist the game. It happens as soon I place light block in ADV mode or try to change the facing of a block in ADV mode and sometime as soon as I enter ADV mode

Reaction score
    Other Notes:
    Last version of dev build (..235417)causes major issues with placing tetra and penta blocks after 20000 blocks placing tetra or
    penta blocks in certain locations will cause entire sections of ship to vanish (still can place and interact with blocks but they
    are invisible)the only way to avoid is to not use those blocks or remove the last block that you placed after the ship vanished
    (though it will be next to impossible when the ship is invisible)Have yet to test with latest patch.

(edit) This was sent Via bug report without the gif... This is the latest build in this gif... so I guess the problem wasn't fixed...
    Hey dexter!

Thank you far working to make the game a better place. The work of the individual testers is appreciated, and in this situation the bug you have uncovered should have it's own thread so it can be handled as it's own dilemma. Otherwise they may find a fix for the first person which does not work for your problem because they may be different. Though it sounds as though the bug you mentioned is a known one and one which is in need of patching.

I have been requested to clean up the thread a bit to make sure all posts refer to the initial difficulty, but wish all the testers good luck bug hunting and hope you continue to have fun playing Starmade.

Reactions: ghettodexter

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    I mean that they invisible and do not comeback until I exist the game. It happens as soon I place light block in ADV mode or try to change the facing of a block in ADV mode and sometime as soon as I enter ADV mode
    Back to topic then,
    any chance to take a video on this? (or gif?)

As its hard to imagine without seeing it. And even harder to think of a cause without seeing when they disappear.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did it happen the directly after you pressed Ctrl to enter ADV mode, or did you press/click anything directly after pressing Ctrl to cause this?

I try to duplicate exactly as you did block for block but I don't get the same bug :( .

Reaction score
    You are on Intel graphics, which may very well be the issue. Do you also experience the issue on the latest dev build?

Reaction score
    I have 0.1421 of the game and I already update Video card drives and it still happens. I clicked on the arrows to change the blocking facing of the weapons computer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just download thie files and backup you world. Then open the folder and copy files inside to you StarMade folder... if you don't know where it is right click on the shortcut and select open file location. When prompted replace all files... play as normal.

Reaction score
    Yep. The most important part: Do the backup. When in doubt, just copy the entire StarMade directory to another location.