Block: Signal delay (non-repeating) not working

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have been having an issue with the above block mentioned. No matter how I try to connect it to another logic block using c and v , it stays de-activated (blue-state). It must have happened during the last update, and I am trying to use them on a ship. Also, at the same instance, I have been getting a sound error (reported via bug report). Is there something I can do to fix this, and are the two possibly related?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You have to have it activated by an activator module. Hope that helps. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah, not so much. As far as I can tell, my activator modules are not activating the block for whatever reason. As I said, no matter how I try to connect it with any logic block (especially activators), I get no response from it. It's like the coding is there for the block, but unavailable. Going to possibly have to clean slate my install AGAIN.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Took me a while to see the 'true' function for that non-repeating delay.

Normally you do something like that:
    Activator -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay -> Delay
    Then you link lights to the delay maybe with an OR between, or something, to have a timeline control.

With the non-repeating you can do this:
    Activator <-> Delay <-> Delay <-> Delay <-> Delay <-> Delay <-> Delay<-> Delay <-> Activator
    (not the dual links)

With that you can switch on one side, and have the chain run 'forward' when switching on the other side the chain runs backward.

With this you could built two different clocks or pulse emitters to for example have 'two way' landing lights
    without having to build two separate delay-chains OR'ed into the lights.

So the 'non-repeating' never emits a signal twice in a given timespan, this will break clocks and signals coming in a second time, like a clock firing into the same non-repeating delay will use it as a filter and only trigger once, on start of the clock.

- Andy